Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today is the day.......

ToneTime

I found my first large cent! I was really excited when it popped out of the ground. I took my 8" model compadre to an old railroad spur area that I have been hunting for a while. I found the large square iron nut that the coin is sitting on right next to where I found the coin. I honestly did not know what the coin was before I brushed off some of the dirt and saw the one cent written on it, I just knew it was a chunky coin and did not look silver, was a great feeling. The date is 1842 and leave it up to the compadre to find it, I'm happy with that. I will get another picture once I get it cleaned up but I am going to take my time doing it.[attachment 322029 1446585319203394796715.jpg][attachment 322030 1446585459576-150801925.jpg]

Congrats, nice coin...!!! I got a chuckle out of that and can appreciate your excitement as I also dug my 1st LC last year and it was also an 1842. I'm in western Montana so an LC is a really big deal out here as not many made it out here back in the day..........

Awesome. Beautiful find! Large cent is still on my bucket list, after all these years.

oneguy said:
Congrats, nice coin...!!! I got a chuckle out of that and can appreciate your excitement as I also dug my 1st LC last year and it was also an 1842. I'm in western Montana so an LC is a really big deal out here as not many made it out here back in the day..........
Western Montana sounds like a nice place to be and I would say that finding a LC out there is definitely a major find. Although I have been hunting hard here in PA for several years to find it. Yes it was exciting!

hatpin said:
That looks like a nice one too. Yeah , be careful cleaning that beauty .
Definitely a nice one, good detail! Going to clean it slowly.

Kapok said:
Awesome. Beautiful find! Large cent is still on my bucket list, after all these years.
Well you got a good machine there also to find one.

that is truly a nice find, most large cents people find are just toast, your find looks like its not badly corroded. I know I would greek out if i found sorting like that

yes, that is a nice one ToneTime. good for you.

I am fortunate that for the most part the soil around here seems to be pretty gentle on the coins! I have found some old ones that clean up so nice, its amazing that can be. A lot of limestone.

GOOD ONE THERE!

Awesome!! Still on my bucket list. Got to love those Compadre's!:tesoro:

The coin cleaned up pretty good so far and has a nice patina, thanks for all the nice comments![attachment 322120 1446832491300337326357.jpg][attachment 322121 1446832528998-2090348265.jpg]