Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today Was An Example Of How Metal Detecting, Photography, Fresh-Air And Wildlife All Come Together. :)

John-Edmonton

Staff member
Each my detectors have been snow-christened with the first snow fall. Today it was the Garrett ATX's turn.

DSC_0303_zps81ba7a41.jpg~original

DSC_0305_zps3fd73f83.jpg~original

DSC_0306_zps3b53c409.jpg~original

DSC_0383_zpsbbbb40bb.jpg~original

DSC_0358_zps0f36de14.jpg~original

DSC_0356_zps36c64580.jpg~original

DSC_0333_zps2b87c8fe.jpg~original

DSC_0349_zpsa3275814.jpg~original

DSC_0325_zps6c4092f5.jpg~original

DSC_0313_zps0ef12e36.jpg~original

DSC_0422_zps68c4688a.jpg~original

Beautiful photography John, Garrett should use some of them in an ad! Snow looks so nice in photos when sitting in my chair in Florida.... I do miss what it looks like in the winter...just not what it feels like when you walk outside or have to drive in it.

Cliff

Those are some great shots. Those birds are really attracted to the ATX.

Thanks for sharing.

Very cool pics.

Welll that is just to cool...!

Great pics, John. The ATX has got to be the first pulse unit that identifies both iron and birds.

I used my NIKON D3000 with the stock 18-55 mm lens. The birds around and in Edmonton are quite tame in the winter. A lot of times they will feed out of your hand when the snow has covered the ground, as was this case. I hiked in the woods to an opening, fed some chickadees from my hand to attract them first, then set the ATX in the tree, put some seeds on it and stood by with my NIKON on a mono stand. I had to wait for the birds to appear and take the shots. It's funny how they prefer to land on my hand to feed compared to landing on the ATX. On the ATX, they took the seed, then quickly flew off. When sitting on my hand, they they tend to be much more relaxed. If I stretch out my bare hand, even with no seeds, they will land on it anyways. I have been shooting birds for many years. I just have always thought that they were special creatures on the earth.

I put seeds on the ATX so the birds would land on it and I waited, and waited and waited.....

"Oh, the ATX is for the birds"....I have heard that many times. I just had to prove it!:rofl: