Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's been a good day hunting

Arkansashunter

Happy new years everyone, finally got to do some hunting, found this 24k rose cut diamond encrusted little dog on a old home sight , I think it's Victorian era , any info would be a appreciated, stamps on the front left pa, weight is 1.035 oz

Attachments

• IMG_20230107_154022.jpg
    IMG_20230107_154022.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20230107_154022.jpg
    IMG_20230107_154022.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 158
Dang!!! If diamonds are real thats a hell of a good find!!!

Those stones look like the only thing holding them in is glue. Would Tiffany glue diamonds into a socket like a piece of costume jewelry? And a 24K dog tail would bend like putty. Can we get a better pic of the piece and the Tiffany mark on the paw? Tiffany always marks their products with their name and purity. You shouldn't have to take it to a jeweler to tell you it's Tiffany and 24K. It's stamped onto every product. There are counterfeits, too. I just don't want you to think you have a 6 figure piece of jewelry if it's not. Please do some of your own research.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but nothing adds up here. Your jeweler should have known these were not rose cut diamonds also. I blew up a part of your pic and the stones definitely have a flat top and a visible girdle around the edge. Also included a typical circa 1900 Tiffany mark that should be on the paw like you said. Maker, purity, and probably a serial number. Correct me if I'm wrong, but have some proof to back it up and I will apologize for doubting your story.

Attachments

• IMG_20230107_154022.jpeg
    IMG_20230107_154022.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 76
  • BC-vs-RC-VM_1024x1024.PNG
    BC-vs-RC-VM_1024x1024.PNG
    178.8 KB · Views: 73
  • s-l1600.JPG
    s-l1600.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 69
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but nothing adds up here. Your jeweler should have known these were not rose cut diamonds also. I blew up a part of your pic and the stones definitely have a flat top and a visible girdle around the edge. Also included a typical circa 1900 Tiffany mark that should be on the paw like you said. Maker, purity, and probably a serial number. Correct me if I'm wrong, but have some proof to back it up and I will apologize for doubting your story.
That gold sure looks nice in your blowup.
No brass or chipping.
I'm going with real.