Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's F5 relic finds

The F5 with the stock coil gets really good depth. It took a while for me to get used to the lower numbering system compared to the Omega, but I think I've got a handle on it now. The big bullet is actually two bullets, one fired inside the other. The only thing the Omega has on the F5 is how easy it is to ground balance. The phase lock on the F5 takes a little practice with numbers jumping all over the place. I prefer to manually ground balance it. As much as I love the Omega, I'm just as impressed with the F5. The bullets were in swampy ground and very deep. Thanks for looking.

Hi Digger
The two intact bullets look as if they are actually Minie Balls, nice finds!
Regards
Foggy

Yeah they are. They're two three ringers, one fired inside the other, probably target practicing. Thanks.

SD, what is the item on the far left of the picture? The reason I ask is because i found the same item today only i dug it out of my field on the far Northern California coast.

Thanks,

Tim

It's part of a boot spur.

THanks! The army was only out here about 6 years protecting the settlers from the indians. US Grant was actually stationed here as a young officer. I also found a .36 cal lead ball. When I found the ball I didn't really think it could actually be that old, now its looking like a real possibility.

THanks for the info.

It's amazing what you'll find and where you'll find it. That's what makes it so much fun.