Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's finds.

drummerman

Greetings all.

Today I was just messing around in my back yard with my metal detector just looking for trash, nails etc to clean up the yard a little. Been living here for 26 years.
I found a Tootsie die-cast 1954 Jaguar XK120 toy car and a 1940 nickel. No big deal, but I still think it's cool. I cleaned up the toy car and just wondered on the history of this toy car. This could have been in the ground for 40 plus years. I mean, this car could have been a kids best toy and they lost it, and he never knew it was in his (our) backyard. Maybe he got it because his Dad had a real 1954 Jaguar XK120. Who knows.
I think I will ask my Mom and Dad if I can search there back yard. I'm 56 years old and it would be cool to find stuff I lost when I was a kid. Their house was built in 1916 I believe.
I just thinks it's so cool when I find stuff like this. That's why I hunt. Just to see what I can find and wonder about the history.
Kinda makes you think on how much stuff REALLY is in the ground.

Take care all. :detecting:

Those are cool finds. I have only fond one nickel because they are the same as a PT to my BH. How deep were they each? I always wonder what the process is that makes items go down. Maybe it is the soil level going up around the items.

Thanks for sharing.

Mark

Elite 2200

Drummerman - Don't be surprised if you find a 1870's Indian head or a seated silver when you hunt your folks place.

Good luck Dave

Those are cool finds. I have only fond one nickel because they are the same as a PT to my BH. How deep were they each? I always wonder what the process is that makes items go down. Maybe it is the soil level going up around the items.

Thanks for sharing.

Mark

Elite 2200

[size=large]Very neat finds in your own yard...the Tootsie toys are collectables if they are in good condition...I found part of a set once...It was the trailer for a boat, which came with a jeep type truck, and a boat of course.
Your Parent's yard sounds VERy promising...go slow and meticulously...

HH,[/size]

I found the car about 4 inches and the nickle I found about 6 inches under the ground.
I got weird readings when I found out where the nickle was. When I made the hit, I changed my MT to the all metals pinpoint mode. I moved over it one way back and forth to center it, then perpendicular in an X pattern. I would get a double beep one way, but changing to the X pattern I would then get a beep in the center of the coil. The other way in the X, the beeps would beep at one edge of the coil and then the other as I move it back and forth. Anyway, when dug up the coin, I found it was in the ground with it's edge pointing towards the surface of the ground.
This was a good lesson for me. I was starting to think I was getting a double beep because of maybe it was a necklace chain or a couple of nails. I guess it always better to dig than to not dig. Even if it is trash.

As for my parents house. I am looking forward to going there. Back when I was a young teen, (and had hair) many, many times my buddies and I would wrestle in the back yard, so who know what fell out of our pockets.
Also. Back in the late 30's my Dad's oldest brother had bought the house. My Dad was the youngest of 7 brothers and told me stories about when he was a kid, he played there in the yard also. I think his brother sold the house in the late forty's.
It went up for sale again in 1961. When I Dad found out it was for sale he bought it and has had it ever since.
I have a feeling that it may be a very rewarding place to search. I can't believe I didn't think of this before.

I don't think I will be able to search it for a couple of weeks. I we be out of town next weekend, but when I do search it I will post pictures of what ever I find.

Happy hunting everyone.

Ahhhh, drummerman. A kindred spirit! I think alot like you do, which makes this hobby so much more enriching.
Thanks for the endearing post.
Kenn