Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's G2 finds.....

John(Tx)

Went to a church down the road at my old home town where I grew up. The Original church was built in the 50's and the newer part was built in 1962. The church sits across my old Junior High School and I remember them building the new part when I was in the 8th grade. I had tried many years ago to get permission to hunt the front area of the church but was always turned down. The old church now has a new pastor who built another church on the other side of town so I went and had a chat with him. He was a very nice young man (early 40s). I explained our hobby to him and his reply was "Sure, go right ahead and enjoy yourself". So, today I went for a couple of hours but I was very discreet with my targets because the ground is very dry and hard as a rock. I concentrated on the nickle zone and up. I left many lower signals in the ground and will go back after we have some much needed showers. Anyway, did find 6 wheaties, several nickles with the oldest 1940, a ring that came in at 80, not sure if it is silver, will have to clean it up, some kind of medal with writing on it that I also have to clean up, a part of what appears to be a bracelet with Bambi on it, a standing quarter with no date and a 1942 merc. When I found the merc, the G2 gave me a low tone then a good tone bouncing up to 83. Decided to dig it up, first thing to come up was the nail in the pic at 4", ran the G2 over the hole and the number was a solid 83, 2" more and the merc came out, the nail was 2" on top of the merc. I love this little machine. I will go back after we get some rains and will post again when I find more goodies. There is still alot of ground I didn't get to hunt that is on the side of the original building, not to mention all the targets in the 40 to 57 range that I did not dig up. Thanks for looking. John

Very nice, Glad you saw the error

Great job on the silver. I would hit that area from all different angels. I have learned via testing and real world hunting that my Gold Bug SE may not unmask combos like the nail/merc searching one way, but if I then go over the same spot 45 degrees from the original line of attack, and then another 45, etc. that different angles of attack will end up unmasking targets in iron ridden sites. If you get into a site with a lot of old nails and rusty iron, hit that baby from all different attack angles.

Left to many 40 to 50's signals in the ground. Still have lots of area to cover, didn't get a chance to cover the older side of the church. We're expecting a wet cool front this coming week around Wednesday, I'm anioxous to get back. Thanks and HH.

Just keep posting what you find..we all love seeing what you get.