Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Todays hunt

I went back to the soccer field that produced all the silver last weekend for about 2 hours and got blanked. A few deep wheaties, but no Indians or silver. So I decided to go try a park a couple of towns from me that was again recommended by the guy that told me about the soccer field. He's a real good guy. We hunted together last Sunday, and I am working on getting him to spring for the EXII, he couldn't believe some of the targets I was getting that his machine couldn't pickup. He uses a Garrett GTI 1500, and it has a bad coil. He told me yesterday though, that he bought a new coil for it during the week. Anyway, I was on my way there and spotted another park. I decided to stop and hunt it for a couple of hours and got the 3 Mercs, the silver Rosie, and a Barber quarter. Decided to leave as the park was getting busy and I wanted to try that other park. I got there and hunted for a while in the area of the park recommended by my buddy. I got 1 deep Indian and a few deep whats, but no silver. There is a lot of iron at this site and I hunt wide open, so fatigue was setting in. I decided to try another part of the park. I got a real strong signal, pegged in the upper right, where a silver quarter would be. It sounded "larger" though, and flat, not as fluty as silver usually is. Truthfully, I was expecting a flattened aluminum can. I was very surprised when I saw the reeded edge of silver. I was even more surprised when I saw it wasn't a quarter, but a 1943 Walking Liberty half. Not 5 feet from there I get another sweet signal. Out pops a 1908 Barber quarter. I hunted a while more and it got dark, so I decided to leave. I started to scan my way back to my truck through the original area recommended to me. I get another sweet , big signal, pegged upper right and fairly deep again. It couldn't be...but it was. Another Walking Lib half! It was pitch black now and I had to get home, but I will definitly be hitting that site again.