Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's outing

digginLa

Got out with the 705 earlier for a 2 hr hunt at a local park. Wasn't expecting to find much as I've hunted this spot before and its not one of the most used shelters in the park. Still managed to find .94c ( 3 quarters, 1 dime and 9 pennies mostly zincs and a very broken watch plus quite a few pull tabs (normally have the come in as a nickle but today they were all reading 30/32) and screw tops. Settings were gb at 26, sensitivity at 29, 4 tones, program 2, noise cancel 2 threshold at 10.

HH everyone,

Jimmie

Yeah I know but there is so much trash where I was hunting I'd have never gotten much ground covered, plus after checking my log book I discovered that today was only the 7th time I've been out hunting with my 705 so I'm really still getting a handle on it.

You'll get there. I hunt in places that are loaded with trash because most hunters go in with high disc and havnt the patience to slow down and listen for the good high tone signals. My detecting time is valuable to me and I try to give myself every advantage to find the good targets. Hunting in pattern 2 isn't one of those advantages.
I wasn't sure if you knew it would knock out the gold. I found out the hard way.
HH

Thanks for the help/info. I know that pattern is knocking out some of the good targets and I'll most likely start using pattern one or all metal at the school I hunted last night. The park I hunted tho is really trashy especially around the shelters and I would probably do even better even in pattern 2 using a small coil, however at this time I don't have one for the 705 just the 5.75 that I use on my Cibola. Thinking about buying another coil for the 705 soon but if I do its probably going to the 15" WOT in 3 kz or I may just break down and buy a good used Safari or Explorer SE to go after the deep silver.

HH

digginLa said:
Thinking about buying another coil for the 705 soon but if I do its probably going to the 15" WOT in 3 kz or I may just break down and buy a good used Safari or Explorer SE to go after the deep silver.
:blink: One problem with that plan. I have both a 705(w.15" 3kHz) and an Explorer SE(biggest coil is 18" EQ2), and I wouldn't trade the 705 for the SE. As a matter of fact I'd sooner go the other way.
It turns out that the technology differences between the two make them completely different machines, each more capable/suitable in certain situations than the other. They are a great complement to each other, but due to all of it's features that can be manipulated (or not) by the user the 705 is what I'd keep if I had to choose between the two.

And actually, the CTX is a perfect example of how well both of those technologies work. FBS2 utilizes aspects of both the all digital V-Flex technology and the multi-frequency technology of FBS in a hybridized fashion.

Wasn't actually planning on getting rid of the 705 the Omega however is going to at some point. But given your experience with the machines and coils I'd say for now my best bet would be to get the 15" coil. Thanks for the input.