Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's Outlaw finds.:detecting:

B.RATNY

Me and a friend hunted an old site we've hunted in the past. It's an old lakeside kids camp from the 30's or 40's but there is also an old colonial home site on the property, so it makes for a large variety of finds. We have dug colonial coins that date back into the 1700's plus buckles, buttons and other interesting odds and ends. We also find more modern coins Mercs wheaties and Barbers. The Outlaw did great there today, no old colonial coins but I was able to find a few nice button's. Also scored a bunch of wheat pennies, a few Mercury dimes and a foreign coin of some sort. I'm very happy to have pulled a few buttons from the older area because we have hit that very hard in the past. The Outlaw is very good in the iron, very little falsing and I was getting good depth with the 5.75" coil. Most of my finds were in the 4"-6" range with great signals.
HH Butch NY

well done!

The foreign coin is from Austria, I believe.

Very nice Mercs, there's gotta be some more oldies there.......

Is the foreign coin silver ? Looks like aluminum or german silver. It seems that you have some very good places to hunt, the Outlaw is in it's true element at colonial cellars holes. I just wish my cellar holes were that old. I have a forum buddy from upstate NY who shall remain anonymous.... I have tried to talk him into hunting those kind of places, he just won't listen to me:nopity: Living in Kansas, the history in some places around KC goes back to pre civil war times but here where I live it is Indian Wars period.

Congrats !

Hi Hombre. Yes I'm sure there's still some colonial coins there. We've already found quite a few, my hunting buddy is up to 3 Connecticut coppers a few large cents and a couple King George coppers. I have a couple King George coppers a liberty cap half cent and a 1798 large cent. I can't wait to get back. He found the site and got permission to hunt it towards the end of the season last year so we haven't even been able to get in the lake yet to do some water hunting, there's a very large swimming area with a couple rope swings I can just imagine the jewelry it must be holding. Time to dust off the dive gear.
HH Butch NY

Wow! You set the woods on fire day. :cheers:

tabman

That 1917 is a work of art , I like the wear, that is a very nice coin find , my favorite of them all , I am gladd you can show that the outlaw is good a finding silver , as i do not have such a site, but I know its a good machine,