Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Todays stuff....

Went back to the spot where I got the token last weekend. As its turning out I'm finding a lot more 1940's coins than 1800's vintage. Starting to think there was a lot going on in there just after WWII.

For about two hours all I did was dig randomly around the foundation. Clear out a 3' square to about shovel depth, detect it, fill it back in and move over a few feet. Didn't find much but iron. Candle snuffer and bone handled fork were found doing that. Tons of pottery and glass in the ground and many pontilled bottle parts. Not sure what the brass hook was for but I have seen one somewhere and should know.

[attachment 53486 April9th07finds1.jpg]

The large copper coin is a corroded 1844 half penny token. the dimes are '45 & '47. Quarter is a '43 My favourite find of the day is the tiny bell. Has to be a cat bell. Found another bell but forgot to scan it. Nice one though, two holes, petals and no corrosion.

[attachment 53487 april9th07finds2.jpg]

Thanks for looking & GH, Chris

im still being a wimp.im waiting till it hits at least 60 degrees here to start the season.hope it comes soon.;)