Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

todays V3 finds

Downdeep

Decided to change it up from my standard civil war relic hunting and visit an old abandoned house today that dates back probably into the 1800's. As suspected, ran into a HUGE amount of trash so I only dug high end VDI numbers. First hole held 3 wheat pennies years unknown and a '52 rosie. After digging quite a bit of trash, I got a good hit that read quarter at 9". Turned out to be a Large Cent, year unknown. Also found 3 memorial cents and a 1980 dime. A little bit later pulled a beautiful 1911 dime out at about 6 inches. Moved out of the grass and into the cut soybean field and pulled out an old buckle and what appears to be a broach of some sort. Unsure if it is silver or not, but it read in the high 80's for a VDI and showed the green bar high. Was getting tired at this point when I ran into my strangest find ever with a detector. Not sure what it was doing in the middle of a cut field in this weather, but there it was. See picture below.

nov-v3-finds.jpg

copperhead.jpg

Yep, it's a copperhead. Those V3's sure love copper!!!! :yikes:

actually, looking at the pictures more, it may have only been a water snake. But, it had a triangular head, was aggressive and there was no water nearby. Oh well, wasn't gonna take a DNA sample... :thumbdown:

I'll take a bite from that beauty if it causes me to find less pull tabs....... or a large cent... Havent found one of those yet. :spin: