Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Todd asked me to repost the story of "The great Alaskan Exodus". This is the first in a long line of adventure tales. "The journey begins"

DC/Id

I agreed to help Vernon move from Wasilla Alaska to Virginia. My part of the trip would be down the Al-Can hiway all the way to my place in Idaho. Most folks do not travel this road in winter. A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body. What kind of a friend helps you move, down the Alaskan Hiway, in winter? You be the judge. :lol:

It was an adventure that I will aways cherish and give thanks for surviving!

Day one.
My trip began in the air. I flew from Boise to Denver, then on to Anchorage on 10/31/03. Vernon picked me up at the airport. We got to sleep at about 0300 on 11/01. The morning was spent loading up Vernon's U-Haul with everything we could fit in. Vernon was a little concerned that the trailer was overloaded (It took both of us to close the doors on his compressed belongings) but the tires didn't blow, yet, so we were soon on our way.

Here is Vernon loading up his prized collection of metal detectors. I took this one just for Elson.
[attachment 10168 vernonandgarretts.jpg]
At 1500 we were ready to go. The land train was full.I think The vehicle needed it's own zip code. Vernon and I posed for a photo, kind like a "Before Photo". Notice how clean the rig looks. It doesn't stay that way for long. Come along with us as I lead you on a 3000 mile white knuckled trip through the frozen north.
[attachment 10169 headingout.jpg]
The next chapter will take us to through Alaska, to the dreaded border crossing into Canada. Stay tuned. DC

it deserves another read for sure.:thumbup:
a great man against nature story with a few canadian border trolls thrown in.:hot:cant wait for the next chapter,thanks Dave!!!!!!:yo:

A real hard muscled he-man. Note how natural he looks holding my .416 Rigby elephant rifle. No little fat kid here! Is that better Vernon?
[attachment 10174 elephantrifleandVernon.jpg]
HH DC