Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Token found with Racer

Rick(ND)

They are tearing up my street in front of my bus sines and been picking up some glass a a few old bottles and decided to give the detector a try. being I just got my 5.5X10 coil I had to try it for a few minutes as I normally use the 3 tones and lowered my gain to 50 and upped my iron to 40 as it is loaded with small and big iron as the Racer would just chatter. I switched to the 2 tones as it was just too erratic chasing false signals in 3 tones. Now it got worst in 2 tones, then remembered it has to be set up for 2 tones as my setting for 3 tones dint Carry over, set them up like the 3 tones and man\ it made a difference and was easier to hear those signals that were good and those that weren't good. Got a few pieces of big iron and some thin copper sheets that were just pieces and then got this token from the town I live in. It is not in the token books and not in our centennial book of all the bus sines, so it could be a good one. Just wish it was in better shape. Its a 5 cent token from J.P. GRIMM in Chaffee, ND

That's really a neat find Rick---congrats!-----I know what you mean about the setting not carrying over from 2 tones to 3 tones or vice versa----it "got" me a couple of times to.:)

Congratz on pulling out the token in all that trash! Let us know what you find out on it.

Awesome find, love finding tokens, especially when they have local or historical context!

I've found two in the town I grew up in, and both were mavericks :(

BTW I like how the 2-tone and 3-tone are independantly programmable, I will set them up differently and when I'm detecting I'll flip between the two modes to check targets, it works pretty well.

If you have the 5" coil, I'd rehunt that tear out, I'll be there's more treasures hiding in that iron :thumbup:

hh,
Brian

I think he means he had to raise the discrimination to 40 and lower the gain/sensitivity to 50 for 2 tone just like he did in 3 tone as that is where the factory settings are set at. I'll have to try this myself I used the OOR coil yesterday in an extremely target rich environment next to a basketball court loaded with signals and sounded like a machinegun in 3 tone. I'll go back in 2 tone and up the discrimination and lower the sens/gain some not looking for deep just id's for diggable targets. I think I did alright in 3 tone but had to crawl with the coil like 4-6" baby sweeps in there. Nice find by the way Rick and thanks for the tip.