Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Token kinda day,,highs:drinking: and lows:cry:

bleeohio

Finally caught the guy home today and got the ok to hunt an old homestead that we've been driving by for two years now. I Dug a whole pile of stuff and not one us coin in the bunch. Brother did dig a LC and an early indian head. First pic is the pile of flat buttons, second pic is a civil war token,third is an eagle i, fourth is a log cabin one piece. The fifth is a ? , Looks like a lc, dated 1837, but on the back says, millions for defence, not one cent for tribute. I'm assuming some sort of political but have no idea. After all the highs i was bound to hit a low, last is a,,,,well, you know what it was:rage: HH....

Really good hunt result! What machine were you using? What was the deepest depth of your find..Great pic's. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks caps, i used a shadow 5, (kind of a fisher), all the stuff was in a plowed field so some stuff wasn't that deep others were down there a bit. I had the 7in. coil on as lotsa iron. Gonna try to hit it again with the 9in coil before they get crops in to see if i can't squeek any thing else out. hh....

Well the I button is civil war. Wonderful finds. I like tokens better than coins. Very Very nice!!

I googled the slogan Millions for Defense not one cent for Tribute" and came up with some interesting articles. It was first acredited to :

"Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute."
-- Representative Robert Goodloe Harper, Address, June 18, 1798 (Harper was the Chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means)

Another place stgated this but unfortunately no dates:

This statement was made by a journalist after a delegation visited France to. hopefully, work on a solution to the issues that the French had with Jay's Treaty. John Adams sent Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, John Marshall, and Eldrige Gerry to request a visit with the Revolutionary Committee of Five that had replaced the monarchy. Before they were allowed to have an audience with them, 3 French officials only known as "X,Y, and Z" stated that they would only be seen if they paid a bribe of $250,000, arranged for the U.S. to loan $12 million to the French government, and apologized for remarks that John Adams made about France. Their response was, "No, not a sixpence". The journalist was responding to this incident.

But both those instances predate your find. Very nice though. I would love to find something like that!! Good luck in researching your token!!

I take it this means you're happy with the detector? :D

If it finds me the other half of that buckle,,,,,,,THEN ,,,,,,i'll be happy:lmfao: And you know as well as i do 90% of this game is putting your coil over top of it. With that said, yup, the shadow is workin fine....:cheers: