Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Token reference compendium

Geologyhound

Given the large variety of tokens historically minted, identifying an old token can sometimes be a nearly impossible task. As such, I thought I would start a thread where people can post information on various regional, local, or state references for token identification. I will start off with one for Ohio - Ohio Merchant Tokens by Gaylor Lipscomb, copyright 1986. A newer version is available. A couple libraries in the state have one available for library loan, so you can check it out at your local library. This book focuses on tokens from the 1870s until the print date, but mostly 1890-1940. The introduction states certain tokens are not included in this book, including:

1. transportation tokens cataloged by Coffee – published by the AVA

2. parking tokens - Feisel

3. Civil War tokens - Fuld, Published by the Civil War token society

4. modern food stamp tokens