Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tokens and Indians

Been hitting a scrap in the woods before construction starts. small area eat up with old rusted out cans. was using another brand unit with success because my 5.3 coil has a bad connector, but i decided i would use the MXT with the 6x10 DD coil some. The bulldozer mixed junk all in. With brand X i had found some flat buttons with backmarks that go 1700-early 1800, one IH, and eyeballed feather edge china shards, worked flint, broken cork neck bottles. Without revealing too much for fear of local poachers i know (this is a permission hunt took me years to get due to the jerks) i know this place has colonial history, as the buttons showed. . These MXT finds do not go back that far but late 1800 is fine for me, even turn of the century is great for me. the tokens are aluminum, but the experts say they came into being in huge quantities as early as 1890, this is from token collectors books of reference. they are plain backed but hand stamped with letters WBC on the other side, and timecheck $1.00. during the twenties there were huge peach farms in this area of Georgia, the peach state (or was) and the article read a dollar a day workers at the turn of the century. i found two of these a few feet apart in the scrap, with the Indian heads. one car sized spot. hope to go back but depends on work crew, obligations and weather. thanks for looking!

the IH were 1876 1890 1894 1903 1905 one not shown was with other unit and file was too big but looks the same.

i cannot id the tokens!!!!! not in any data base and cannot think of what the initials would be for, i know the area all surrounding too. puzzled. the record search continues. .

I love seeing those Indian cents resurfacing. Those are one of my favorite coins to find. Oh, if they could only talk. Great finds and nice tokens also. Hope you can find out more about them. HH, Nancy

Congrats on the great finds.:thumbup:

thanks folks. the search on the tokens continue. the 6x10 did good in the separation. my 5.3 is down with bad connector.