Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tomorrow 9/22/2022 is the big day

DigDog

1663800451218.png

And what's the end game after the video? Let's say the Deus 2 does slaughter the legend on undug finds,,is everyone going to dump the legend and buy a Deus 2??? I had a Deus 2 and still have my legend, and the legend is first in my lineup .....
I think people, me are questioning his “test” results as he and some of his followers are claiming them as “facts”.
I argue your “facts” are not necessarily true in every single place all the time.
Things like oh, various soil conditions, emi, exact swing speeds, exact hight of coil, production variables,etc cant even be duplicated between two of the same detectors from one day to the next let
alone two different brands.
You would have to have two prototypes and swing them simultaneously, sorry to repeat ,in the same exact area to fraction of inches, same speed to the fraction a second, mm of height, etc.
Basically, and this is what I posted as well.

A basic principle in science is that any law, theory, or otherwise can be disproven if new facts or evidence are presented

Why do scientists avoid the term fact? New evidence can change how claims are interpreted

I have had and seen where you swing over a target one time go back over it and get no tone, or various other results as in tones, numbers.(frustrating)

I said I totally agree that say for example a ace 250 is not the same as a equinox 800 feature wise or performance,but he decided to do this more so to prove his test methods and results are not in anyway skewed and to be taken as facts in real world dig situations. Adding he has insider information on the technology and other things of XP detectors.
Hey, maybe he will show us proof that for the extra money variables won’t effect results and it is the ultimate detector. Would actually be nice and i would pay a little more for something like that.
What is usually the main complaint of an otherwise working detector? Accuracy.
This is about proof of accuracy as a fact.
Apparently he goes above and beyond other testers so we should look closely to his results. Tonight 7pm

Apparently he goes above and beyond other testers so we should look closely to his results
I am sure he would agree completely! Give me a break! I am sure if he was "above and beyond other testers", he wouldn't have to do YouTube videos, he would be working for the highest paying metal detector company. On Dankowski he offered to give his advice to Keith Southern. When ridiculed, he did what he did here and supposedly quit posting there too. I have never really trusted people that have such a high opinion of themselves. They can't imagine anyone disagreeing with them other than through stupidity.
This is about proof of accuracy as a fact.
VID? Sound? Proof? Fact? Talked to the owner? Inside information? Exactly how do you prove accuracy in a metal detector? I think you are getting "proof" and "fact" mixed up with "opinion" and "ego". If you want to be a fanboy, fine but don't expect a lot of enthusiasm from everyone else.

I said I totally agree that say for example a ace 250 is not the same as a equinox 800 feature wise or performance,but he decided to do this more so to prove his test methods and results are not in anyway skewed and to be taken as facts in real world dig situations.

Too late. His previous videos already showed his test methods and results are skewed. I wouldn't trust him any further than I could toss him.

Monte Berry had kind of a test for accuracy. He had some targets buried. I don't remember how many. If you put $10 down and could identify every target, I think he would pay out $100. I don't believe he ever had to pay out! It may not be scientific but it sure beats setting up your own tests to try to prove a point.

Sorry to repeat but
A basic principle in science is that any law, theory, or otherwise can be disproven if new facts or evidence are presented

Why do scientists avoid the term fact? New evidence can change how claims are interpreted

Its not even about this detector vs that detector, its that his “tests” are to be taken as facts and if you question anything by say talking about any possible new evidence being introduced, the reply to your questions is either you don’t know what you are talking about, or Im not answering your questions don’t talk to me.
I think the only point he is trying to make is that, i am going to show you how this is an undisputed fact from my wealth of knowledge that you can’t question.
Im no scientist or engineer, nor did i get to watch the test, so I could be wrong.
Wondering if anyone did get to.
If it was proven and i am wrong well i will admit he was correct and eat my words.
As i said as long as a detector works the biggest complaint, concern nowadays is accuracy. And I think we are a long ways away from something having even 99% accuracy in metal detecting.
We will be lucky to have it on projects like landing on the moon.
So until then digging everything that makes a sound in AM is the only sure way to get the best results. jmo