Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tone assignment 705

vanner

Hi all, Ive been reading about the 705 tones , I see you can have up to 28 tones .Just wondering if you can assign different tones to the 28 segments or are they all preset. Cheers

Sadly, tone assignment isn a feature available on the 705.
I will say that it hasn't been a big issue for me. I usually hunt in AM w/Multi tones, and have had no trouble conditioning myself to recognize "coin size" sounds, which to me is more important than the actual pitch of the tones themselves in many cases.

It sure sounds like a very versatile machine. All-metal with multi-tone sounds useful. I imagine that must give some good depth

Well, I have an Explorer SE too, and I have re-hunted places with it that I've hunted with the Xterra. To this point have yet to find anything that I missed because of depth, and I've even run a 12.5" Excelerator over that ground.

The Xterra 705 is in my opinion the best, most flexible, and most capable machine on the market for the $. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, whatever else I may buy in the future, an Xterra 705 will always be in the stable. It's too light and easy to use to not have one given what it can do.

vanner

Are you asking about pitch assignment on the 705? If so, maybe this will help. Threshold pitch is adjustable but only in Prospecting Mode.

Here is a quote from the 705 manual: "In Prospecting Mode, the pitch of the Threshold Tone can be adjusted using the Tones Menu. This is a personal preference and will vary depending on the type of headphones being used. The Threshold pitch ranges from 140Hz to 1010Hz."

Note that the frequency/pitch of the Threshold tone for Coin/Treasure Mode is factory set to 230Hz and cannot be changed.

So in summary:
When in Coin/Treasure Mode you cannot change the pitch of the individual segments (factory set). You can decide to use either 1,2,3,4, or 28 (multi) tones.
When in Prospecting Mode you can adjust the pitch of the Threshold Tone.

This was a bit confusing to me too since the Minelab 705 Manual talks about "Adjusting Tones" but they are referring to adjusting the number of tones you wish to divide the 28 segment into. I've personally never found a need for adjusting the pitch of the Threshold Tone in prospecting mode and I 'adjust' the number of tones I want to hear on based on the conditions of the gound (highly mineralized, trashy, etc.). Hope this helps????