Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tones..2.3.4.etc

Potomac run

All i have ever used is a old two tone Nautilus DMC 2 B. when it gave up the ghost and could not be fixed i got the Deus, but having trouble with settling on what tones to use... what would work best in a place with not so many nails as to a old house site or old camp site with nails ever foot. Im trying to set up one program for depth clean woods say on the out side of a camp and one for say trash as i call it for right in a camp.. so i can just switch on the fly.

Potomac run said:
All i have ever used is a old two tone Nautilus DMC 2 B. when it gave up the ghost and could not be fixed i got the Deus, but having trouble with settling on what tones to use... what would work best in a place with not so many nails as to a old house site or old camp site with nails ever foot. Im trying to set up one program for depth clean woods say on the out side of a camp and one for say trash as i call it for right in a camp.. so i can just switch on the fly.

Alright for heavy iron/ nails

Try these

18 kHz
Reactivity 3
Silencer -1
Tx power 2
Audio report 4 or 5
Iron coil off
Disc level 6
3 tones
Break your second tone at 72 Vdi and set the tone a little lower than 3 Ed tone
Set your 3 red tone higher frequency than 2 me tone
Manual Gb or set to 86 and hunt

Or,leave everything above as is
Change disc level to 0 and select full tones

Now for cleaner ground and Max depth
12 kHz
Audio report 5
Reactivity 1
Silencer -1
Good,GB

And set your tones as I mentioned above.

I use a program for depth in open fields/woods. i took, i think it's the gm power program and modified it. i set freq to 12, as i have seen tests done on that freq. doing well at unmasking items under iron. it also does pretty well with both big and small items and helps with depth. i also keep reactivity at 1 i think. i would have to go look. this gives me more depth. i turn sensitivity up as high as i can without too much chatter. ground balancing comes into play with that. im sure im missing something but you get the point. remember, you need a clean space to use this, but boy, does it work.

fast program will work well in the busier sections. you can also notch out areas and/or lower iron volume in those areas. i wouldn't turn iron volume off or too low, as that may take away goodies underneath. i feel like im constantly experimenting with the trashier areas, but it works well.

keep with it - it will pay off.

i also use 5 tones on most b/se i like setting up high conductivity targets with high pitch tones. i come from the at pro and it worked liked this. this helps really signal off those nice silvers in areas where there is trash. just remember that large copper pipes and such can also sound off. but still, nice to have.

feel free to follow up on questions.

ppl on here are very helpful and very knowledgeable.

Funny, squirrel1 posted before i could finish mine - good advice there.

Potomac Run,

I remember that name from the TS. Squirrel 1's programs are spot on for both clean and iron infested ground. I hunt Stafford Co. and the ground is very miles so a GB setting of 85 will be spot on.

stumpr said:
Potomac Run,

I remember that name from the TS. Squirrel 1's programs are spot on for both clean and iron infested ground. I hunt Stafford Co. and the ground is very miles so a GB setting of 85 will be spot on.
I live in stafford and hunt it to.

Lower your power to say about 50-60 and put reactivity at four it will clip but swing fast.

squirrel1 said:
Potomac run said:

Alright for heavy iron/ nails

Try these

18 kHz
Reactivity 3
Silencer -1
Tx power 2
Audio report 4 or 5
Iron coil off
Disc level 6
3 tones
Break your second tone at 72 Vdi and set the tone a little lower than 3 Ed tone
Set your 3 red tone higher frequency than 2 me tone
Manual Gb or set to 86 and hunt

Or,leave everything above as is
Change disc level to 0 and select full tones

Now for cleaner ground and Max depth
12 kHz
Audio report 5
Reactivity 1
Silencer -1
Good,GB

And set your tones as I mentioned above.
thanks a bunch.. why do you change the factor tones? I will try to figure that out, but lost as last years Easter egg

squirrel...I don't understand your terminology used for your tone break-down. what do you mean...3 red tone higher frequency than 2 me tone?? Are you using abbreviations?

unearth said:
squirrel...I don't understand your terminology used for your tone break-down. what do you mean...3 red tone higher frequency than 2 me tone?? Are you using abbreviations?

I'm sorry.

This iPad likes to change letters on me.

I meant have your 3rd tone set higher tone wise than the 2nd tone.

Iron report - Audio response
Iron coil - iron volume

An easy way to get more familiar with your new Deus is to set the tone(s)
to closely match your old machine, as they are adjustable, this will get your
ears working faster, it is still about learning the sounds to differentiate the
good from bad targets
I also don't recommend any of the Stock programs as they weren't designed
for use here in the US.
I just buried a dime at 10-11 inches and tweaked till it sounded sweet...
Increasing React will cause good targets to sound bad as well... but it's necessary
when in the iron infested sites..
A couple things I learned at Bootcamp were the Ground Notch, which I use a lot and
the high notch 97-99 and at the 8k or 12k freq's you won't be missing much if anything
the lower the Reactivity and Silencer the better for depth and you need a minimum amount
of Disc just to keep the Horseshoe operable and the machine at it's optimum, this
was straight from the horses mouth too...