Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Too Much Falsing In The waves? Try This:

John-Edmonton

Staff member
I was out one day and the water was quite rough. As soon as I got just above my knees......sure enough, I was getting some falsing. It kinda slows you down, as some falsing sounds like a good signal, so you have to swing over the area, only to discover there wasn't a target there after all. Well, I tried some ground balancing techniques, and it just wouldn't quite work. So, I stood still in the water, with my coil stationary in the water and watched. I discovered something quite interesting. I tried to flap my coil around, but wouldn't get the same falsing, if any. Then I started to lift the electronics up and down above the water, keeping the coil still. I could now re-create that falsing. The water moving up to and away from the Infinium electronics was causing the falsing, similar to when you lift the coil out of the water. So, I tried some various hunting positioning, and discovered that the falsing could easily be stopped by bending my knees slightly, leaning forward and forcing the Infinium electronics into the water. Problem solved!

So, in still shallow water, there is no problem. However, once you get into water with some wave activity, just around the knee height, the falsing starts. Now you just lower the electronics into the water and the problem is solved.

Try this technique and see if it helps..............