Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Too Nice Not To Go Detecting

Nancy-IL

We were planning to come to the PATH Spring Hunt but had found out that it was in the afternoon only. :sadwalk: That wasn't going to work with Larry's work schedule. :sadwalk: He's been swamped lately. So with it being so nice out today, we decided to go for a drive and do some detecting. The weather couldn't have been any better. I hope others had a fun time detecting today as much as Larry and I did.

It was an all around "cache" day for me. First dig was 2-dimes, 1- nickel and a cent.....all clad in one hole. Then after a short time, I was hitting wheat cents. One hole had 3 wheat cents in it and another had 4 wheat cents with another wheat an inch away from the plug I dug. What a great day! :twodetecting: :happy:

When we got home, I was exhausted and Larry washed my finds for me. Thank you Honey. :cheekkiss: The flashlight is an LED and Larry thinks it might work with good batteries in it. I knew it was a longer object before digging it. Figured what the heck and dug it. After my muscles and old bones said, "ENOUGH". :stretcher: We came home.

Here's my bring home finds. 1940-Merc Dime, 1947-Ros. Dime, 15 - Wheat cents with the oldest being 1917. What fun and oh what pain. The silver dime and other wheat cent on the right are from a different hunt day.

Sorry we had to miss the PATH Hunt, but we managed to have fun today. I think between the two of us, we brought home 24 Wheat cents. :hot: Not too bad with a broken foot.

Oh, I forgot to say that I only dug one piece of junk, not counting the spoon. :thumbup: I don't know what it is but that bent piece of flattened copper sure sounded pretty. :cry: HH and thanks for looking.

I sure got my butt handed to me on a silver platter :rofl: Congratulations honey, you had a great day :cheers:

My meager finds are nine wheats and some clad and a Mustang tootsie toy car. The oldest wheat is a 28.

We had our own fun hunt closer to home. :laugh: Sorry to miss the club hunt, I was looking forward to going, the timing was just bad for me.

[attachment 357823 hunt.jpg]