Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took a break from spring cleaning

Today I decided to clean my garage. I haven't used my garage in I don't know how long. It's the place where everything goes to hide.

So the kids and I are cleaning and actually making some progress. Then it happens, some one opened the garage door. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the "call of dirt" hits me like a ton of bricks. I called "break time" and grabbed my metal detector.

My ten year old joined me and we hit the curb strip in front of the house. He carried the PP and digger while I did the swinging. Which meant every time I needed them he was on the other end of the strip digging worms or God knows what.

Dug a couple memorials and then I get deep hit. I start digging and notice what I thought was a large rock, stick the pointer in and the target is under the "rock". I dig out some more and notice this "rock" is smooth. Now my thought go to some kind of "brick" dig out more and realize it's not a brick. I'm looking at the bottom of a old thick bottle. My ten year old is mesmerized at the site of that bottle, it's the best found here. Is it all there? I dug it out and yes it's intact. It's an old cork top bottle, looks like a whiskey flask and is embossed "WARRANTED OVAL" no other markings on bottle. I seen some on the the internet but this one the neck looks different. I will post a pic when I get my camera back.

As for the garage. Well, let's just say "it's still there"

P.S. The target turned out to be a bent rusty nail.