Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TOOK A LITTLE TRIP TODAY!!!!

GOLDDIGGER

Mark and I took off this morning for a short ROAD TRIP !!
This one was only about a 2 HOUR DRIVE !
We had been to this Fairground before when the ground was VERY WET I can safely say it was so wet that when you would kneel down to dig a coin your knee hole would fill with water !!
We did not stay long on our first trip there because of those conditions, It is not wise to judge a hunting spot by the conditions it is first time hunted in!
That first time I did manage a Merc dime and a wore out Washington Quarter !
Both of those coins where over 9 inches down !
So today when Mark and I hit this same Fairground with Much dryer conditions But still just a little moist It must have been JUST RIGHT !
I started Griding between the power boxes they had in the ground for the rides or stands I am not sure ! Man the Mercs started popping out every where !!!!!!
I had found the Barber Dime 1893-s at a small town square on the way to the Fairground , It was the only coin Mark or I found there !
So we hunted most of the day at the Fairground only stopping to eat lunch and we where right back at it!
The only problem was there where NO OLD COINS all where from the 30's 40's 50's and all where 8-9-10 inches DEEP, SO we think that the ground like MOST Fairgrounds has had more dirt put on top over the years!
The problem with that Idea is the dirt was the same dark black dirt all the way down! Again most coins where 9+ inches down !
The last coin I dug was 5 min before we left and of course it was the 1856 Seated Quarter at 10+ inches down!!!!!!
I don't know why this place is like it is but we will be going back AGAIN!!!!!!!!SOON!!!!!!
H,H,(GOLDDIGGER) J.W. ENJOY THE PIC'S

Still using the X-8 coil ...... or the SEF ....? NIce finds :thumbup:

Doesn't sound like a problem to me. That's a fantastic hunt there. Congrats on all your finds, especially the seated quarter!! :super: Those don't pop up everyday.

How many coppers (wheats/injuns) did you find?

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Awesome hunt! Thanks for posting.

I have been using the S.E.F. 10X12 ever sense I put it on in a couple of years ago and found all of those coppers out east !
I think I found 10 on that trip one of them being my oldest U.S. to date a Mass Colonial from 1784 I think !
On that trip I Know the coil made the diff for me because I hunted only about half the time of everyone else because of my back and I Think Big Mike only found 3 or 4 hunting twice as much time than I did in the same ground !
Just opened my eyes to that coil and I will not remove it till they come out with a better one!
H.H(GOLDDIGGER) J.W. THANKS FOR ASKING!

I guess I should have posted my wheat's as well but I did CHERRY PICK and left the lower hits for another time !
I got fooled on a few very DEEP wheat's from the 40's and 50's that rang out very high !
The 1893-s Barber dime I found hit like those3 penny's did so I could not pass them up!
I found 7 wheat's and like I said I dug NO Indian hits at all !
They are there and I will take the time to dig them when I stop CHERRY PICKING SILVER !!!
THANKS FOR ASKING! H.H(GOLDDIGGER) J.W.

I don't get around to telling everyone what GREAT FINDS everyone on this forum and others make ALL THE TIME!!!!!
I just can't sit at this desk for any length of time with out my back KILLING me !
I only read my E-MAILS about once a week IF THAT !!!!!
So AGAIN CONGRATS TO EVERY ONE ON THERE GREAT FINDS AND THIS GREAT FORUM !!!
H.H.(GOLDDIGGER) J.W.

n/t

As usual JW an awsome group of silver. Are you still using the XS? :super:
Hopefully we can hook up sometime and hunt for a while.

HH BiLL IL