Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took it out for another spin.

JoeinMemphis

I think I need to get in good with the local scrap guy. Iron and can slaw, no coins.

Attachments

• 20220522_174639~2.jpg
    20220522_174639~2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 63
  • 20220522_175243.jpg
    20220522_175243.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
You should be noticing the difference between the “scratchy” tone of iron and the nicer non ferrous sweet tone after digging all that iron soon.

Aaron

You should be noticing the difference between the “scratchy” tone of iron and the nicer non ferrous sweet tone after digging all that iron soon.

Aaron
The small iron does sound scratchy and you know it's iron, the larger iron still sounds pretty good, especially the round rings (and was coming in as non-ferrous in the 70s). Aluminum still sounds good no matter what.

Aluminum almost always is gonna sound “good”. However watch my pull tab video and notice the difference between regular “round” shapes and “mangled irregular” shapes. This can reduce the amount of digging in the mid conductor range if, like me your looking for gold rings….
Aaron

Aluminum almost always is gonna sound “good”. However watch my pull tab video and notice the difference between regular “round” shapes and “mangled irregular” shapes. This can reduce the amount of digging in the mid conductor range if, like me your looking for gold rings….
Aaron
I will check it out, the majority of what I dug was can slaw, very irregular.