Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took my boss out on his first relic hunt

SoArk

My boss has an old home place within a rather drawn out battle area in southwest Arkansas. The area has camps and battleground scattered for 5 or 6 miles along an old road. I drove for an hour and a half to meet up with him, and after he showed me around for about an hour...... explaining what he knew from others about the battle...... we finally hit the woods. I let him use my Shadow X-5 and I used my F75. The very first target that was dug...... was the nice "round" signal I had grown accustomed to with the X-5. I showed him how to pinpoint the target, then dug it for him. A nice, dropped .58 three-ringer rolled out of the loose dirt. I loved his smile as he reached down to retrieve his prize..... "Well, I'll be danged!" were his remarks as he tested the weight of the bullet. He didn't linger long.... sticking the bullet down in his pocket, and started swinging the coil again...... he was hooked! LOL He wound up finding 5 .58 three-ringers, a .54 Tie Ring Sharps, and a knap sack hook. I wound up with 6 - 58 three ringers, 2 .54 three ringers, a round ball, and a couple of .36 roundballs (one with a nice sprue). I'll try to post a pic that I took with my cell phone of most of my finds. The pic was taken before an hour break to have a sandwich and chips. Then we hunted for another hour before quitting. I still had the hour and a half drive back home.

All in all, it was a very good trip..... not for a huge amount of relics being dug, but for having taken a "newbie" out on his first trip ever with a detector and him finding stuff..... and enjoying what he was experiencing.

Five or Six miles of camp sites and battle grounds. Wow..I'd be making that 1 1/2 hr drive real often :rofl: TomB
Very nice cw bullets. HH