Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took out my new to me V3i

Big Treble said:
john67 said:
Your soil in mich. Shouldnt be too bad so try running 5 band filter, run your rx gain 10 to 13 and bump your disc up to 83 to 87 and your AM sens up to about 70 and see how that works. Go much hotter and you might get a lot of ground noise or interference with that big a coil. Go to the whites forum and read up on how to do a ground probe. This will help you determine your settings.

This is virtually exactly what I run with a U13, and in my test garden an 8 inch Merc, is without question an 7-8 dime, consistently!

That's good to know.
I have a 9"+ buried penny and dime in the back yard. I can not only get my V3i to hit them well with the 10" D2 coil, I can even raise the coil about 3 inches
off the ground and still get a VDI on the coins. Not perfect but a digable VDI!

Tony N (Michigan) said:
Big Treble said:
john67 said:
Your soil in mich. Shouldnt be too bad so try running 5 band filter, run your rx gain 10 to 13 and bump your disc up to 83 to 87 and your AM sens up to about 70 and see how that works. Go much hotter and you might get a lot of ground noise or interference with that big a coil. Go to the whites forum and read up on how to do a ground probe. This will help you determine your settings.

This is virtually exactly what I run with a U13, and in my test garden an 8 inch Merc, is without question an 7-8 dime, consistently!

That's good to know.
I have a 9"+ buried penny and dime in the back yard. I can not only get my V3i to hit them well with the 10" D2 coil, I can even raise the coil about 3 inches

As you continue to learn all the functions of your V3i you will continue to be able to clean your spectragrah' right now it tinker with just the sensetivity and try the 5htz band pass. Winter will be on you soon enough to read. And i suggest read multiple times. I have a 3 ring binder of printed material and notes, it truly is a never ending process. However you will have a tool, not only capable of depth but the most accurate ID I've had. I feel I dig more trash with the Etrac, than the V

Big Treble said:
Tony N (Michigan) said:
Big Treble said:
john67 said:

That's good to know.

As you continue to learn all the functions of your V3i you will continue to be able to clean your spectragrah' right now it tinker with just the sensetivity and try the 5htz band pass. Winter will be on you soon enough to read. And i suggest read multiple times. I have a 3 ring binder of printed material and notes, it truly is a never ending process. However you will have a tool, not only capable of depth but the most accurate ID I've had. I feel I dig more trash with the Etrac, than the V
Big Treble or anyone who knows,
Once I do a Ground Probe, how do I know what settings to make for a near perfectly tuned detector?