Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took some advise.

RedRockNv

I was reading the forum and ran in to a couple things I wanted to try out. The advise I took was to slow down the swing speed and set the threshold to 12 o'clock and lower the volumne using the headphones controls.
I found my MXT Pro to be far less chatty and I was able to run gain at +3.

My set up is this. MXT Pro with 8X6 SEF, Dx-1 probe and Black Widow headphones batteries read 10 volts. Machine set at C&J, gain +3, Dual Control at preset, trac = ground, headphones at lowest volumne knotch and limiter on and threshold set so threshold was barely audible. I had always run my headphones at full volumne and used the threshold switch to adj threshold barely audible and my MXT was always chatty as all the other MXT's I have owned.

I went to a park I have hunted a number of times the ground there like the whole area runs between 79 to 81. The park is typical lots of pull tabs and bottle caps and a few scattered coins. I hunted a horse shoe pit area that I had hunted before with no luck whatsoever. I found the usual trash as you will see in the picture and a quarter at 5", dime at 3" and the rest 1 to 2inches down.
Running the two changes I was able to hunt the area at +3. Coins were clearly ID'd and repeatable and the trash was what I expected so all in all I am pleased with what I gleaned from the forum. I am planning to experiment more to determine if one or the other change was what brought about the change in my machine. It seems to run as it should now not the audible chaos I have been used to. I tried trac locked but got better results IMO set to ground.

Went out to the same park as yesterday. Today I tried a middle volumne setting on my Black Widows. This is what I noticed at the lowest setting the sound is more hollow while a high setting is crisp but harder on my ears even with the limiter on. The middle setting isn't bad. I was still using the slower sweep speed. Batteries finally dropped to 9 volts so replaced them. Here are my finds. Yesterday was about 1 hour today about 2 hours. The match box car (missing one tire) was down about 6" the rest surface to 4 ".

You're doing great. It's great to see someone getting out detecting. We've got about 2 feet of frozen ground here. :sadwalk: TWO FEET!!! Yeah, it's going to be a while till we can get out detecting so thanks again for sharing your finds with us. HH, Nancy

This just for practice where I want to go is still under snow. That is in the mountains. The weather is warming up though so the good days are coming.
I wasn't going to mention this because the results were just seat of the pants and stick with some marks on it. Using the 8X6 SEF in prospecting mode, lowest SAT setting and trigger forward I was hearing a nickle moving through the field at 12 to 14" and disappeared at 15 to 16 ". Just playing with separating out the nickle and some nails. Then I marked a stick every two inches (you can't see the marks in the pics sorry) and checked depth on the coil. The ground reads 80. It is just an air test after balancing the machine and locking tracking. I was surprised really. That 8X6 is a smokin little coil. Separates well also.

That's cool. I'm glad you like that coil. HH, Nancy