Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took The ATX Out For A Spin To An Old Picnic Area On A Dried Lake Bed

John-Edmonton

Staff member
PA010397_zps515e41ea.jpg~original

I have been here many times, with a lot of my buddies. We have pretty well cleaned it out of rings, old coins, lighters and junk. The last two times I hunted here, I used the Infinium, and even then, my last hunt I got zip. However, it's getting cold up here, and freeze-up is weeks away, so I thought I would do some land hunting. Most of my time so far with the ATX has been mostly in the water, with great success. I concentrated mostly in the shrubs and bushes, the spots others often times ignore.

PA010389_zps82d4501b.jpg~original

My first good signal was a deep spoon, down about 12 inches. At least I was in an area where people were picnicking some 100 years ago.

PA010402_zpsc29f021e.jpg~original

Here's the total finds for the day. Lots of old shotgun shells, some iron, typical of PI.s, very deep too. The smaller 22 lead bullet was down about 6 inches, and gave a nice soft high-low. The larger one was a bit shallower.

PA010406_zpsfd80b433.jpg~original

Here's the spoons....both large soup spoons, and too bad to keep, yet old enough to not throw away, I opted to make a ring out of each one.

No gold today, but the opportunity to do a nice autumn hunt was treasure in itself. :)

I chose not to use it. The area I hunted dates back to the 1800's with the Blackfoot Natives trading with early settlers. Anything which was deep I dug. I didn't want to miss old metal arrow heads or an old pistol. When hunting for relics, I dig pretty well everything. When water hunting, I selectively use the iron ID, as some our coinage reads as iron.....nickel plated steel quarters with the nickel plate wearing off.

That makes sense. Thank you.
Could you please explain how the discrimination feature works? Not technically, but the features - how you would use it?