Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took the Compadre to the park

TP63

Went to a local park about a week ago. Talked with some workers there and they said it does get hunted once in a while.
So I started hunting and noticed some freshly dug plugs so I wasn't holding out much hope. Well the Compadre didn't let me down as I
had my best haul so far..51 coins :crazy: and some of them were within a few feet of the other plugs..

Yep truly amazing how the Compadre hones in on those missed treasures. I myself have came across parks where I thought there was little hope of finding anything only to find some nice treasures! I suggest running on "Iron" and digging all strong targets, I have had much luck finding gold rings in the outfields of baseball diamonds...8 of the 11 this year were found there, give it a shot and go slowly. Good Luck!

I found my only gold ring in a outfield when they throw the ball off comes the ring, another place i have found junk rings is under shade trees, good going on the 51 coins

Nice going on finding so many coins. You're never out gunned if you swing a Tesoro. The Compadre can hold its own.

tabman

Coins galore, silver rings, gold rings, one thin gold chain, silver chains and other silver jewelry of all sizes from tiny to big among other great treasure my Compadre has found for me.
Pretty much mostly in parks, too.
There is something otherworldly about this thing...I know there is.

That detector can not be beat. You will find all kinds of goodies with it. I don't get much of a chance to use my other detectors. I always use the COMPADRE. It NEVER lets me down... KEN

Great jog with the Compadre! A lot of bang for the buck and very capable in the right hands as you have proven.

It's not neccessarily that the people before you missed targets, they might be have been just meandering. I know when I get to a park I meander until I find an area with a few coins and then I grid that area and liberate the ground of money. I poke around promising looking places and meander until I think it's looking good enough to grid a small area. The weird thing about it is the areas I end up gridding and finding the coins are often where you would least expect. I can only guess that at sometime in the past that for some reason it was an active area. I think the obvious places in most parks have been pounded. The nice thing about it is that if you came into a park after me you would never know where I was or dug. After I cut my U-shaped plug I place any removed dirt on a drop cloth so that I get it all back into the hole and leave no sign. I also rake and fluff the area up after tamping the plug down. I have had two park employees tell me they have seen me detecting and check the area out curiousity after I leave and can never tell where I dug.

Ken, I notice that besides that big fleet of Tesoro's you own a Detector Pro Pirate. Is that good on silver coins? I know it's operating frequency is about 3 Khz which would be good on silver coins.

ken ward said:
That detector can not be beat. You will find all kinds of goodies with it. I don't get much of a chance to use my other detectors. I always use the COMPADRE. It NEVER lets me down... KEN
Yes. I can't explain it exactly but it is unreal at times.

Rainyday101 said:
Great jog with the Compadre! A lot of bang for the buck and very capable in the right hands as you have proven.

It's not neccessarily that the people before you missed targets, they might be have been just meandering. I know when I get to a park I meander until I find an area with a few coins and then I grid that area and liberate the ground of money. I poke around promising looking places and meander until I think it's looking good enough to grid a small area. The weird thing about it is the areas I end up gridding and finding the coins are often where you would least expect. I can only guess that at sometime in the past that for some reason it was an active area. I think the obvious places in most parks have been pounded. The nice thing about it is that if you came into a park after me you would never know where I was or dug. After I cut my U-shaped plug I place any removed dirt on a drop cloth so that I get it all back into the hole and leave no sign. I also rake and fluff the area up after tamping the plug down. I have had two park employees tell me they have seen me detecting and check the area out curiousity after I leave and can never tell where I dug.

Ken, I notice that besides that big fleet of Tesoro's you own a Detector Pro Pirate. Is that good on silver coins? I know it's operating frequency is about 3 Khz which would be good on silver coins.
That Pirate is good on coins. I got It mainly for the salt water beaches in the Philippines. I don't want to take a chance of hurting my Tesoro near the salty air. But, yes it is good on coins and jewelry. I use the 8" coil. Just don't like big coils. Hope that helps. ... KEN