Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took the Deus out for the maiden voyage today

Reeseb

I hit a spot where I've had a lot of trouble with bottle caps with several of my machines. They are rusty, about 6 inches down and EVERYWHERE. I was in 4Khz and and 0 Resactivity to get as deep as I could and for the first hour, I was digging bottle cap after bottle cap. Then, after I got used to some of the coin VDI's I was getting, I started ignoring anything that bounced above 82. This got rid of the bottle caps in a hurry. Probably not the best way to hande those pesky things if you want to dig big silver, but it sure allowed me to concentrate on coins.

Incidentally, I met a guy with a Minelab SE Pro out there and we tested our machines on a 9 inch deep clad dime. His couldn't hit with full sensitivity and my Deus got a consistent hit both ways. I was pretty impressed. Both machines had 11-inch coils.

I'd be intested in knowing how everyone else is handling bottle caps.

I have used the switching from a 4 KHz to a 12KHz program, XY screen and raising the coil (numbers will drop). I think there was something else that I tried...

Using two different frequencies and seeing the numbers staying about the same is the surest way to determine that the target is most likely a bottle cap.

When I hunt in 8 kHz and then switch to 4 kHz the coins will drop in number appropriately; the bottle tops don't.

Thanks for the tips! I will try it.