Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took the f19 out for the first time..

Joseph in Alabama

I ordered the Fisher f19 last week after talking with a few guys on the forums..
I was really surprised with the performance of this detector..
Hits really hard on brass..took it to old trashy house site...pulled several pieces of shotgun brass etc....couple from 8-9 inches deep and thats using stock 5x10 coil..it has very fast recovery..quite with no EMI with gain @100 in my area..light weight..uses one 9 volt battery...this is a great detector from Fisher..hh. joe

You will also love it’s solid Target ID numbers.

still looking 52 said:
I've got a F5, is this F19 a up grade?

That depends on what you mostly hunt for and your ground mineralization conditions. The F19 is a specialized detector that is an improvement on the Gold Bug Pro/Teknetics G2. It is a great gold prospecting and relic detector since it operates at 19 kHz and will hit low conductor gold, iron, brass, lead, and even nickels harder than your F5 which at 7.85 kHz is better suited for higher conductive coins and general metal detecting. It is also quieter in higher mineralization than lower frequency VLFs like the F5.

Jeff

still looking 52 said:
I've got a F5, is this F19 a up grade?

Two very different machines. I'm not sure if one is an upgrade to the other depending on what you are looking for and where you detect. All I can say is that my F19 has found me more good targets than the F5 in the same hunting areas. Since I mainly use my detectors in moderate to heavy trash, it could just be that the F19 separates/unmasks better.