Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took the Infinium for a three hour test drive today.......:thumbup:

bottlebum

It was in the low 40's which is a little cold for my still Florida blood. The wind was blowing, but not too hard. I had to take the new Infinium out for it's maiden voyage and wasn't going to let anything stop me.

In town, there is, or should I say, was an old rectory building next to the Church. The site of the old building that was torn down, looked like a great spot to test the new detector. So after gaining permission from the church, the hunt began.
[attachment 74458 jpg0006.JPG][attachment 74459 jpg0007.JPG]
I knew that I was in for a challenge because all of the forums were saying that the detector was noisy and was actually driving some people nuts! All I can say is, I used the machine for three hours straight and feel no more nuts than I did before I started. The detector responds to high conductivity targets (copper, silver etc.) with a low tone followed by a high echo. Low conductivity targets (gold, pull tabs, nickels, etc.) have the opposite tone response, a high tone followed by a low echo.I have to admit that when targets were close together, it was sometimes hard to tell if I were getting a high/low or a low/high signal. It was deftinatly an experiance but I believe that with more practice, it can be mastered to my benefit.

All in all, I think I did ok for the first time out with the new machine. Found some coins of which three were wheaties (no silver), scouts item, a small religious medal and plenty of nails and other junk. I did notice that although I was mainly digging the low/high signals, sometimes I would get high/low signals that would beg me to dig them. These turned out to be nickels, though I was hoping they were gold. I also noticed that when I dug nails, there was something iffy about the signals. I have yet to figure out what the iffiness is but i'm sure that with a little more time using the machine, I will.

On another note, one thing I really liked about the detector is that when the weather turned and it started to sprinkle a little rain, since the machine is waterproof, I didn't worry one bit. (nice for a change)

Well, enough of my rambling on. I hope you like the low quality pics! (was in a hurry to post)

HH and thanks for looking, Bottlebum:detecting:

I can't believe that you actually took that machine to a construction site for a maiden voyage..... And you walked away no less nuts then prior. :lol: I put my money on you for success with that infinium in 2008. Congratulations on a great and successful hunt. It's -20 as I type, and you just made my day with that post. I tip my Garrett cap to you :thumbup:

You should post this on the Infinium LS Forum too. The guys from down under would appreciate it too. :)
<center>

Well thank you John. That means alot to me, coming from you.

HH, bottlebum (Bill)

Nice hunt bottlebum. Yeh, I think you love that machine in 2008, esspecially on the beaches down there. Alan (Ga)

[quote bearkat4160]Nice hunt bottlebum. Yeh, I think you love that machine in 2008, esspecially on the beaches down there. Alan (Ga)[/quote]
Dangit Alan, that's just it. I'm not down there now, i'm in Indiana.:ranting: Only my heart is still there........

Wonder-FREAKIN-ful, that sweet green machine rocks, isn't charles a great guy. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!!!!!!! Let the WILVER begin,LOL. QUICKSILVER (Appletree)

[quote Edward]Wonder-FREAKIN-ful, that sweet green machine rocks, isn't charles a great guy. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!!!!!!! Let the WILVER begin,LOL. QUICKSILVER (Appletree)[/quote]
Quicksilver my friend, good to see you on the forum. Hows the weather treating you up there? LOL!

I wanted to add that I went to wally world (Wal Mart) and purchased two cinch straps from the camping section, had an end from each strap sewed onto the inside sides of the hipmount bag and took the other two mating connectors and put them both on a piece of strap to go around my neck and attach to the connectors on the bag so that I could chest mount it and it worked great. Used the stock strap around my chest and the new straps, combined into one, around my neck. Can also release the neck strap from either side of the bag. The straps were a little over a dollar apeice. For a short guy like myself, this works alot better than hipmounting, keeps the cable off the ground while digging. Now I have to do something with the headphones because I don't like them at all.

Just an idea
Bottlebum

WTG bottlebum!!! Very impressive for a first hunt not knowing the machine!!! It's good that you noticed a slightly different sound on the junk iron because they DO sound different from the good targets. I'm surprised that you're hearing the differences so soon too. The more you use the machine the more you'll understand the tones and don't forget you also have the reverse discrim and iron check functions to help decide the iffy signals. I thought it was a good suggestion to also get the Ace 250 and use the combo to great effect and have every type of hunting covered. The best thing with your trade is you now have the ability to hunt in the water (Infinium really loves the water) and discover the exciting and sometimes very profitable side of this detecting! The other thing that works to your advantage is you can now hunt high iron areas at depth where no VLF runs well as this includes gold hunting and relic hunting! I'm glad your first hunt was fun and successful for you, please keep us posted and ask for any help when needed!!!:thumbup:

Thanks DD! I think having and using a Sovereign trained me to listen for the tone differences of different objects.(just a thought. I do like the machine and am not giving up on it.

HH, Bottlebum

Thanks Uncle Willy!

Yeah you're picking it up fast so keep it up. That old horse will find you some goodies and the depth is mind boggling.

Bill

Great Job! You will be impressed with the unit!