Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took the Nokta Fors Relic out today for the first time.

OregonGregg

Last April did some horse trading etc and got a Fors Relic machine but never did use it. So today Monte and I headed out to a place we call Lone Tree to do a morning hunt. We also met up with Del & Patsy as well ( D&P OR.) So I set her up, 3 tones, 85 gain, iron audio at 01 and used the 5.5 x 10 concentric coil.

The Relic was a real pleasure to use and does very well in the iron/rusted tin infested sites. I was detecting an area that is a little bit away from the main ghost town site that had a little less trash. The 5.5x10 Concentric worked very well for working that area and when I did encounter small areas/pockets that where pretty nasty it was able to tackle those as well. After a bit I snagged an 1893 Barber dime. Was a fun morning and was glad to get out for a bit finally. Look forward to putting some more hours on the Fors Relic.

I was hoping you'd have some success on your first day using the FORS Relic, and you did. That old gold mining town site is kind of vast and barren, and surrenders old coins sparingly. I was happy that you nabbed an early-date Barber Dime even though that nudged you ahead of me, again, this year on our fun silver coin challenge. I can only blame my health issues as I started the year out pretty good, but now you're back to 3 silvers ahead of me for the year. My Relic & I didn't happen to work the coil over a favorable target, but it was still an enjoyable time afield with one of my favorite detector models, ever.

Monte

Congrats on a successful maiden voyage with the Relic. The FORS series are killer machines in heavy trash.

"The FORS series are killer machines for virtually an application."

Urban Coin Hunting, old-site Relic Hunting, Beach Hunting and Gold Nugget Hunting, the CoRe and Relic can do it all!

I guess I am biased because I have both models, but after evaluating a CoRe not long after they were introduced I was easily won-over to the Nokta brand. That was very early in January of 2015. A year later I was one of several who evaluated a prototype device that was very similar to the 15 kHz CoRe, but it was a 19 kHz unit with added features, especially the Iron Audio Volume control. :thumbup:

After correspondence between Keith S., myself and Dilek, they made some final tweaks and sent us a final revised control housing that was exactly what we both felt it needed to better suite its Relic Hunting performance. When that final test sample housing was on the way to us, Dilek asked our opinion as she felt she had a better name for the unit, and that was the FORS Relic. We both agreed and that's the very same unit I have my 5" DD affixed to for the bulk of my Relic unit needs.

Periodically over the past 2½ years I get asked questions like:

"If you have and like the CoRe, why do you have a Relic?" .... or .... "If you have the Relic with the added features, why would you want to keep a CoRe?"

The answer is very simple: Because they both work, ... work quite well, and offer enough differences that they are a complement to each other. Both can do the same things, but do them a little differently based upon the type of site environment, amount and type of trash present, and what I am primarily searching for.

I never head out on a day's adventure afield without including one or both FORS series models that I load in my vehicle. Not because they are sort of okay for this or that, but as Mike stated ... "They are killer machines!"

Monte

Congrats on your first time out with the relic!!!
Glad to hear it went well. I wish you many more great hunts :)
Look forward to hearing more about your travels with the relic :)

Thanks, Mike and Stoof. Headed out the door this morning with the Relic and a CoRe. Hopefully, we can snag a nice coin. Stoof if ya can get a cheap ticket into Boise Idaho on the 29th, I'm headed down to NV for several days. Bring your Relic and I'll pick ya up at the airport ( happens to be on the way) and you can go play in some real old west railroad extremely iron and rusted tin-infested Ghost Towns lol. Break in that Relic machine ya have :) Ok I'm out the door..................

Made it back, not much other than a Chinese Cash Coin. Was a fun day, seen lots of wildlife ( deer, chuckers and even a few little owls) and of course the dogs had fun.

Oh ya, would like to thank DFMike for all the smoke they are sending down from Canada :smoke:

Thanks El, so how you been doing? Have been getting out and doing any detecting?

Wait until they legalize marijuana across the country in a few months. More smelly smoke coming your way !

Seriously the smoke your getting comes from the out of control fires in BC most probably. I'm on the complete far side of the country.

You got a great looking pooch by the way.

Mike---his name is "Binkers" and he does ALL the finding & digging the coins!-----Gregg is just there to pick them out of the hole & take the credit!!-------SSHHH. don't tell Gregg I told ya---he would be REALLY MAD I gave his secret away!!!:yikes:;)--------Del
dfmike said:
Wait until they legalize marijuana across the country in a few months. More smelly smoke coming your way !

Seriously the smoke your getting comes from the out of control fires in BC most probably. I'm on the complete far side of the country.

You got a great looking pooch by the way.

Ya Mike the little mutt has been my constant companion almost 9 years now. Me and the dogs have been on a lot of detecting adventures. He was a pup I rescued from the pound. Actually, have a couple dogs and they both love getting out. Some of my most enjoyable times are loading up the dogs and heading to a remote ghost town, getting away from civilization and no cell service :)

LOL Del I thought we had an agreement, you wouldn't give my secret up. Just when I had people thinking I was some kind've professional metal detectorist ...............now they all know my secret, the dog sniffs out the coins and digs them up.

Love my Fors Relic and the 5" coil is the best, it stays on the Relic. Was thinking of getting the concentric coil to?

I keep one CoRe w/small 'OOR' DD mounted full-time and the other CoRe wears the 5X9½ open-frame DD. My most-used Relic keeps the small 5" DD mounted full-time. The other two coils I like for the Relic are the 5X9½ DD open-frame and the 5½X10 Concentric enclosed coil. I like that one better than the same-size DD for working more open areas with a lower trash-target count. My 15 kHz and 19 kHz Nokta devices are 'must-have' units in my 'Regular-Use Detector Team.'

Oregon Gregg has had his Relic for a while but until recently hadn't used it. Now, however, he is also getting quite attached to both his CoRe and Relic models. :thumbup:

Monte