Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took the Outlaw Out

Furious T

Went to a small park in a small village about a half hours drive from where I live. I was hunting for our (Australian) pre-decminal coins which have not been around since 1968, and were made of silver and copper. I decided to try the Outlaw with with 12 x 10 DD coil. It did well, finding a 1954 shilling (50% silver), a 1920 Penny, and a 1951 halfpenny (both copper). I did not find as much as my hunting partner who was using a CTX, but I thought the Outlaw did pretty well, as this park has been hunted by at least three people that I know, and probably more, and it is only as big as a normal house lot.
We then moved to another (larger area) which is littered with ring pulls and pulltabs, but also has given up a lot of pre-decimal coins. I could not use the Outlaw with the 12 x 10 DD, but wanted to use a DD coil, so had to use another machine. I dont know if Tesoro have made a 5.75 dd coil for the Outlaw yet, but if they haven't I wish they would, because I think the Outlaw would have done very well at the second venue if I'd been able to use a small DD coil. The Outlaw is a great little machine. HH

I just got an outlaw, have not tried it yet but you can , put any 5 pin coil on it so you may use the 4" concentric also the 7" widescan, but i would think the 5.75 would do good , plus i would agree the 10x12 is to big for a target rich spot . hope you get out some more with it , I hope to do the same ,

Gunnar I know you have a Blisstool as well, I'd be curious to hear where the Outlaw fits in as far as you using it, vs your Bliss and how they complement each other if they do.

I've been considering a Bliss as well as an Outlaw.

Lillo. yes thats right , I do own a bliss, and the reason i chose the outlaw, was 1st its wight- 2nd its non motion all metal - 3rd its ground balance- and it has a nice selection of coils, the bliss is deep but when it comes to soccer feilds and ball feilds and time out I think the outlaw will out shine the bliss, and i have a trashy foundation that does not alow a detector to get deep so having all the features of the outlaw makes it a great machine I do not expect great depth in disciminate but i bet it does good in its all metal modes as far as depth and i think its discriminate is of course more usefull but in some ways its like the bliss beep dig . threshold somwhat like the tesoroes as it acts like a sensitivity . and at 10.6khz should hit well on all targets I hope to do some videos Gunno