Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took the racer to a local trashy park

Bill_S

Took the racer to one of the local trashy parks. First chance I have had to try it since getting the replacement coil. Set the disc to 50 and used Di3 with a sensitivity of 70 most of the time. It did seem to pick through the trash and get some good targets. This was with the 11" stock coil.

[attachment 310466 racer1.jpg]

[attachment 310465 racer2.jpg]

I bet those scout kerchief slides sounded like a Star Wars Phaser till you raised your coil over them...lol

Once the machines sounds get in your head you won't dig hardly anything in that second picture at all. Get some great headphones too is a huge advantage.

I sure like the way my racer handles iron in my local parks. The last 100 or so targets i dug, i dug one iron pc! No iron wrap around. Also handles my bad soil real well.

I bet those scout kerchief slides sounded like a Star Wars Phaser till you raised your coil over them...lol

I think most of them were in the ground a few inches so they did not overload. I did not get that many overload signals surprisingly.

Looks like you did pretty well. Any comments on depth??

I did not dig anything real deep but I don't think a 9 inch coin would be out of the question.

Once the machines sounds get in your head you won't dig hardly anything in that second picture at all. Get some great headphones too is a huge advantage.

I do need to get some good headphones. I really don't have any. It does take a while but then you start getting the hang of how targets react. I would love to see the impact come out and be the same detector as the racer but with notch......;o)

What was the issue with your faulty coil?

The detector would go into a constant overload signal when sensitivity was above 69. Not always but randomly, which was weird. You could detect for a few minutes then all the sudden the overload signal would come on and not stop until you lowered the sens. This has not happened once since getting the new coil. The detector will hit in ground targets a bit deeper too and does not seem to overload (as bad) on surface targets like it did with the other coil.

Bill_S said:
What was the issue with your faulty coil?

The detector would go into a constant overload signal when sensitivity was above 69. Not always but randomly, which was weird. You could detect for a few minutes then all the sudden the overload signal would come on and not stop until you lowered the sens. This has not happened once since getting the new coil. The detector will hit in ground targets a bit deeper too and does not seem to overload (as bad) on surface targets like it did with the other coil.

My new coil will go to constant overload signal in 2 tones outside and the gain is default 70, but if the gain is lowered to 69, the overload will go a way. I have the coil cover on, but taking it out will not make the 2 tones go above 69 gain. Small coil is not bothered by any constant overload signals with any mode i try it. The cold wet air and the very wet ground may affect the performance of the 2 tones...:confused:

Three tones are not bothered by any constant overload signal with the stock coil, when the gain is upped to 99.

Very strange metal detector, but i think my coil is fine as the three tones works great with the stock coil.:laugh:

My overloading behavior will go fine with this post: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?102,2165515