Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took to It

Steve O

Got out yesterday the D2 for the first time. I was pleased. I meshed with it very well and was comfortable right off the bat. I dug all tones and numbers to get the language. Never had such a light detector, rarely had to switch arms. I have to adjust the tones for my hearing and learn to get through the screens a bit better. I used full tones mostly on the DeepHC program, 0 disc, sens 99. This unit pinpoints very nicely.. . reminds me of the Explorer series. I dug some clad, slaw, spikes, and one 8" deep wheat. The ID capability of this unit is awesome. The number in the ground on a target was the same in the air, when does that happen. . . . the soil around here is mid to high mineralization too. Anyway, I enjoyed the outing even though it was blizzard like weather when I arrived . . .when I got involved, I forgot how windy and cold it was.

Nice I just updated mine it had V5 in it so Im anxious to go out and try it now.
Mark
I think I also have to do an update as it doesn't switch into the large ID display . . it's a 6.0.

Come to think of it I have no idea which version mine is. Is it displayed on startup screen? Or do you have to usb it to the download software to find out what version you have?
Without being able to check right now, I believe I saw it briefly on the screen.

Come to think of it I have no idea which version mine is. Is it displayed on startup screen? Or do you have to usb it to the download software to find out what version you have?
Yes when you turn it on it will say in the bottom left

Go into the "infos" screen, tells you all the info. ...... Options/scroll to Settings,hit enter/scroll to infos, hit enter. There is other information in there too if you scroll.

Last edited:
My D2 came last week and I was finally able to get it out today for a trial run. Took it to some ground that I have gone over with various different machines. Really got a work out for two reasons. First, the ground here in Utah is hard because it has been so dry. Second 90% off the targets I was digging were 6" and deeper all the way down to a bicentennial half that I pulled at 11". (Thought it was going to be a can....) Amazing! I didn't do anything other than turn it on and let her go. (One day I will read the manual). Very happy with the machine. Also, it really hit on nickels which is something I felt like I was always leaving behind on the D1. Also got an old marble in one of the holes which is always nice. Thanks guys. Hope you are all having a lot of success!

Yes I saw that mine sports version 6.0 pre large TID. Will get around to re-updating the V0.6 in near future. I look forward to every outing with the Deus 2 bc I know I’ll be digging non ferrous targets, even over ground that doesn’t happen much before getting the D2. Still programs I’ve not really tried, and others I’ve only run briefly.

My D2 came last week and I was finally able to get it out today for a trial run. Took it to some ground that I have gone over with various different machines. Really got a work out for two reasons. First, the ground here in Utah is hard because it has been so dry. Second 90% off the targets I was digging were 6" and deeper all the way down to a bicentennial half that I pulled at 11". (Thought it was going to be a can....) Amazing! I didn't do anything other than turn it on and let her go. (One day I will read the manual). Very happy with the machine. Also, it really hit on nickels which is something I felt like I was always leaving behind on the D1. Also got an old marble in one of the holes which is always nice. Thanks guys. Hope you are all having a lot of success!
Sounds like your your getting along real well.