Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tornado coil versus 10.5" DD coil video.....

Gaz

....in case anyone misses it.......enjoy!!

Gaz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15eboecJQL8

I am impressed. I know it's an air test but your getting 3 extra inches. That got to mean a lot in Europe with thousands of years of history. Don't know if we have anything that deep in the states lol.

Thanks for your efforts guys, that looks like a good option for the X-Terra, wonder if it would be good for the beach?

Thanks Gaz, I appreciate the effort that you and Des took to make this comparison. It seems reasonable that the coil has increased depth proportional to the increased coil size, which is 20 - 30%. One test I would like to see, if you don't mind doing it, is to make the coil comparisons using the same detector. Granted, all settings were equal. But even two exact same models can have slight differences. If you would, run four or five coins past one coil, write down the measurements, then put the other coil on the same detector, properly set the operating parameters for that particular coil, and measure those same targets. I ask that you set the operating parameters for each coil as you may find you need to adjust the NC, GB and Sensitivity differently for each coil, as coil size does impact all of those settings. Try to max out the Sensitivity on each test. Thanks again for the video. And thanks in advance for any further testing you might do. HH Randy

......so you think the model difference between the 70 and 705 will make that much difference Randy??......it wasn't meant to be a really scientific test....just a comparison.
Is the 705 a deeper machine than the 70 with identical setups and coils???

I can certainly do the same test using my 10.5" MF DD coil, the Tornado coil and my 70. It won't be for a while however due to commitments.
What I can say however is that both machines had their sensitivity on 30, their tones on 2, their tracking switched off, an open screen with +48 blacked out.

The one thing which really was apparent was the loudness of the targets when hitting. The Tornado was giving great loud sounding hits 2-3 inches beyond where the 10.5" coil was faint. The Tornado then carried on giving faint target sounds way after the 10.5" had lost it.

Gotta say.....I'm impressed. It's totally in line with the Ukraine test videos that are on Youtube.

Gaz.

I don't know if there is any difference between the X-70 and the X-705 you were using. What I will say is that I've owned more than one X-70 at the same time, and there were differences between the two. I've owned the X-70 and X-705 at the same time, made comparisons between the two, and there were differences between them. Currently, my brother and I both have X-705's and there are even differences between them, even with the settings adjusted the same on both detectors. This is not unique to the X-TERRA as I've found electronics can vary between units of the same make and model, no matter if it is Minelab, Whites, Tesoro or First Texas.

Your tests may be "spot on" and the results of this test may not change a thing. But for the sake of a true comparison of two different coils by two different manufacturers, I'd like to see the same detector used for both coils. Set the NC and GB for each coil separately. Leave the Sensitivity at full bore if it doesn't chatter. Who knows? You might even find the larger coil provides a greater difference using the same detector than you demonstrated by testing with two detectors. After you get that done, it would be interesting to see how far you can lower the Sensitivity of the Tornado coil to get the same depth as the Minelab coil. Since I don't have the Tornado coil, I'm just trying to get a feel for how "closely" the two coils behave. And I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Thanks again. HH Randy

......very interesting Randy!!!.....I feel some more testing coming on!!!

Gaz.

Thank you very much Gaz, hope you do really enjoy that coil.!! If NEL can do it, then Minelab could also build one but they do not want to for some reason as they are holding back on making a bigger coil for us.??

I see ebay has the Tornado coils listed. The strange thing is that there are two different coils, both 7.5 kHz. One listing is for the X-TERRA 30 and 305 only. And the other listing says it will only work on the X-TERRA 50 / 505 / 70 /705. Since the price was lower on the coil listed for the X-30 and X-305, I wrote the seller and asked the following question.....

QUESTION
All of the 7.5 kHz Minelab coils work on all the X-TERRAs. Why does this coil not work on the X-TERRA 50/505 or X-TERRA 70/705? And why does your X-TERRA 705 coil not work on the X-TERRA 305?

RESPONSE
I not the manufacturer of these coils. I the seller.
I give that information which to me is given by the manufacturer.
Coils for XTerra 70 do not work correctly on XTerra 30 and on the contrary. Why - I do not know.
Thanks for a question.

Not much help, to say the least. So, for those of you who may have purchased one of these coils, have you tried them on the different models of X-TERRAs? Just wondering why there are two different coils for the same series of detector? HH Randy

......not sure why that's the case Randy???

I only have a 70 and it works great!!!

That's the same geezer I got mine off. I think as long as you order for your machine....you'll be okay.
His english, albeit a little broken is alot better than the guys at NEL. The really could with some dealers.....

Gaz.

Any chance of getting a video to compare against the stock mf coil? Or if anyone knows if the stock mf coil is about the same as the 10.5 mf coil, depth wise. Thanks Tom

.....I won't be able to do that Tom as I don't have a stock MF coil....sorry dude!!

Gaz.