Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tot Lot & Adjacent Soccer Field - 4 Gold Day!

New to posting, but have been following this forum for years. Hit a local 'tot lot" County-owned park next to a Middle School soccer field. Been removing all the trash & coins for some time, so any new signal has good potential. Running my White's Spectrum XLT with the Bigfoot coil - it really covers a lot of ground. Picked up an 18" Gold chain (14K), a very unique laser-cut Gold coin with a Unicorn (16K), a Gold bracelet from Italy (14K), and a very nice Gold flower ring (18K). All done in an hour and a half. Wife claimed the necklace, sister took the unicorn coin, sold the ring, and scrapped the bracelet. I "groom" areas that I like to hunt in, and create a "route" so that I go back every so often to check for recent drops. Like having a paper route sometimes. Best hobby around! Tried to upload photos, but warning came up saying "no files larger than 420KB". Seems weird I can't even upload a single photo attachment to show off to the forum. Maybe later.

I hit Tot Lots Frequently. Don't like to drive past one without noting its location so that I can detect it at a future date. I have never found any gold or silver jewelry in one. I have found quite a fit of junk jewelry and lots of clad however. I remove everything that my detector tells me is there.

You had an outstanding Day. Those finds would make a very good month for me.

Go to shrink pictures.com follow the instructions on video at that site... I resize to 25% or small , good quality.. then pics will be small enough to post here...

Thanks - I will try re-sizing the pictures and posting them. Around San Diego area I never see anybody else using metal detectors, except at the beach. Seems like I have the whole place to myself - I check this lot / soccer field every few months to see what's new.

Your very welcome..im no computer wizard, I still have to refer to that video to remember how to do it... nice finds..

Most digital cameras have settings that control how big your pictures are. I set mine where they are smaller and can post them or email them with no problem.

Clearing all trashy signals in the VDI bands I am hunting in with my XLT coin/jewelry program (+5 up to +55, or so) really helps reduce signal fatigue when you hunt the same areas over & over. I call it "grooming" - it's a proven technique for me - especially by removing all coins like pennies to reduce finding the same useless targets every time... May take several visits to clear an area, but then I just revisit the area at a later date and the targets just seem to jump out at me - very easy to locate a new signal in my cleared areas, and makes detecting much more time effective. I usually spend less than an hour checking an area that has been groomed, then hit another groomed area or two the same day. Not much competition here - doesn't matter to me if they are in one of my areas - they are usually moving too fast to find anything, and after it's groomed, there's really not much to find (except the gold ring that got dropped last weekend at the soccer match!!!) I always get approval from groundskeepers & owners before starting, and demonstrate my techniques to dispel any preconceived notion that I'm just out there digging holes all over the place. They appreciate all the trash removal I do - I always carry an empty onion bag with me to pick up ALL the litter I see, and that really helps improve the image of metal detectorists in public everywhere. Just my style. By focusing solely in the VDI bands that gold falls into, you really improve your chances of finding gold on a regular basis. Happy hunting!

Richard