Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tot lot bonanza/w silver! f-70 rocks!

Ed Steinhoff

Since the local social engineering institutions ( ie.schools ) let out on Friday, I hit my favorite on Saturday.
I set the f-70 for clad/jewelry disc 5, speed de, sens 50, thres -3, tones 4h.
My take for 3.5 hrs hunting was 244 coins, 1 token, 9 junk bling and 1 .925 silver ring. for $20.67
The thing I had to take note of was the number of nickels, 23!
At these settings the rig ran completely silent even with high voltage power lines overhead.
What trash that did register was instantly recognized for what it was and ignored. I tested a few targets just to be sure.
Totals were 1- $1.00 Pres coin, 50 quarters, 49 dimes, 23 nickles, and 112 pennies.
I used the 11,5 inch f-75 DD coil to cover more ground faster but with these mild settings I was still able to snug to equipment posts.
This machine continues to impress, on almost every trip it is showing me new things it can do.
HH Ed in co.

n/t

Awesome Ed.
Congrats

now THATS a hunt! :surprised::clapping: Thats better than a target/minute!:drool: Really great showing here Ed, Congratulations! Now with school about ready to get out for the year, you got plans for more?
Mud

WOW!!!! Ed that is some good detecting. I bet the guys that are following you aren't going to get much???? Thanks for sharing. Happy Trails....Z

Mud; Fortuntely there were several multiple coin spills and everything was really shallow, just brush the chips aside with your fingers or boot toe, snatch up the target and move on. Maybe even faster than clad stabbin!!
Zeekeys; I was going back today to grid in the opposite direction because I know from embarrassing myself in the past that I left a lot behind. However the muscle high on the inside of my left leg is to stiff and sore as a result of to many times dropping down on only the right knee to retrieve a target.
Crusty, Wulf and Elton, thank you for you comments. Yes the f-70 is amazing, so far I have found it to be excellent at coin/jewelry and relic hunting and plan on giving it whirl at gold nugget hunting soon.

Even in the wood chip totters thats a helluva haul in a short time!...its tough to see pennys in the chips as you know, and sometimes it takes a few kicks to get them isolated, tight multidenom spills too....you did good, cant wait to hear your set up and success on nuggets...you know dang well this thing will hit the large ones, which is what you want anyway...like the size of an Idaho Potato...Where you think you are heading for nuggets? I wish for a fun and good Summer for you, you really deserve it there buddy!:clapping: You are ready to go for sure with a fast haul like this one!
Mud.

Nice hunt Ed, that's way more coins than I've ever found on a all day hunt which we sometimes do and those last around 8 hours. I'm having trouble when I set my disc down low enough to find nickels, all I do is dig trash all day long.

Still looking; Even at this low of a setting the nickels were always a stable 31-33 signal with most locking on at 32, while tabs, pencil eraser ends, and other trash was 35 to 52 and scratchy, not hard to say "don't dig". Foil always fell in the 20's
Mud; I live in the heart of the old gold mining country with literally 1000's of old mines, tailing's piles and big dredge waste piles within a half to 3/4 hours drive from my house. The question will be which ones to try first. Sometimes a limited choice list is better than too many!!