Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tot lot hunting will soon be a thing of the past, like video stores...if....

Ivan

this catches on!! I went to four tot lots for my end of summer clean up and guess what.......................no sand...... no wood chips ......no gravel!! They are putting in a soft foam carpet-like mat in all of the tot lots in our area. Not good for us at all. Anyone else seeing this coming to a tot lot near you? Used to find lots of jewelry and coin ...that will all be history now.......too bad. Only hope we have if if they find out after exposure to sunlight it is toxic.............one guy told me this happened in Florida. Anyone hear of this? Oh well I've had a good run.................. started detecting in 1974............I thought detectors would have been banned by now! Sounds like something the E.U. would do. Any feedback on this new development??

Most tot lots around me have this rubber matting stuff now, when I come across one that doesn't that is more of the exception...not the rule.
Sorry, it's just a new world now.

As a detectorist, and a grandparent who takes his grandson to the playground a bunch, I guess I can appreciate both sides of the coin as it were.

Wood chips have to be replaced often, which costs $$ in terms of materials and manpower. Municipalities are gonna go with options that are safe for the kids, yet, require less maintenance. Good for the kids, not so good for us detectorist's.

With each passing year, it is more difficult to find good locations to hunt, it's an unfortunate reality of our hobby.