Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tot Lots/One Question

Flying Pig

Still very new to the hobby and my V3i, but love them both. I have not strayed from the factory settings as of yet, even to adjust the rx, etc. My question is, when in a tot lot, whether sand or wood chips, the playground equipment it self obviously plays a role....they are set in the ground and some of them take up a huge area, which presents much in the way of interference....would adjusting the sensitivity down help? I have to believe that the strong signal from the metal equipment has to be masking some good targets...

I realize this may be very basic to many, but I appreciate your thoughts!

Thank you.....

Yes, if your gains are too high you can't even get close to the equipment without the detector seeing it.

You need to also use a smaller coil.

Thanks Rob....always appreciate your thoughts!

You are welcome. I usually don't even change coils and just turn down the settings. The V3i is Hot at the factory settings.