Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Totals for June

JimGilmore

As June Came to an end I Finlay had some money to hunt for a spare car.
So I did not get to hunt the last few days....
1 5 dollar bill
1 SBA dollar coin
1 Kennedy half dollar coin
140 quarters
124 dimes
73 nickles
365 pennies
1 wheat cent
9 assort. tokens
1962 Canadian cent
1881 counterfeit Morgan dollar
1 dog's name tag "ROLO"
2 gold rings
1 class ring
1 ring given to a bantam baseball "kids " team marked world series
1 charm that resembles a squid
4 earrings
1 broken bracelet
1 Gerber tempo flashlight broken
1 heart shaped charm
a bunch or keys that I put together on a clip
2 locks
and so much junk that i only have half of it still in my plastic shoebox that i empty my pouch into.
total coins is 788 and value is $69.01
those totals are only for the US coins and dollars Does not include tokens or foreign coin.

Great haul. Soooooo hard for me to get out these days. Soon though... Soon.

You did darn good Jim. You are getting out a lot and digging some trash. With that kind or work, you will have that detector paid for.... KEN FROM IND,

That's a heck of a haul for 1 month! Looks like my last 2 year total!

Wel done! What unit were you using?

That is a big haul of goods, impressive

All was found with the outlaw. I mostly used the clean sweep coil. But did use the donut some.
Though as usual with all I found I won nada at the club meeting. Just seems the same people win every month.
Tested the diamonds on the gold ring and even though they are small a few seemed to be saying "Diamond"
So I guess I need to take it to a jeweler.....
Thanks for the comments and looking.

JimGilmore said:
Though as usual with all I found I won nada at the club meeting. Just seems the same people win every month.
I know what you mean about the same people winning every month. We have a guy that enters finds in just about every category, and usually wins. I just can't see how a fellow that works full time can find that much stuff all the time. And this has been going on for several years now.

yeah gotta watch a fella with a detector :blowup: I don't believe 1/2 the stuff I see on youtube etc..

but if I am telling fibs only real person I am hurting is me :poke:

whats that saying the more I pop the luckier I get seems to be true for the most part, so well done Jim and don't worry about what anyone else is finding that's NOT what detecting is about :bouncy: its about getting out there and having some time out and getting some exercise and having some fun !

AJ

Nice haul of coinage & jewelery, great digging! You must be really fit, as in a lot of knee bends or stoop stabbing. HH

Really fit hahahahh...That is funny....I have neck and shoulder pain that has me disabled....
The other day as I was kneeling my rt knee locked and I fell right over.
But I do spend 1 -2 hours almost every day hunting and average about 2-3 dollars a trip..it does add up as well as the trash adds up...
But i cannot compete with the guys that live with in mins of the beaches here. Whats frustrating is that I just feel like the club becomes a supporter of the guys that have funds to drive qoo or more miles a trip to detect.And me I barely scrap by and get a single silver dime for displaying.What bugs me is that I displayed the counterfiet 1881 morgan dollar and these same guys were policiticking saying its a counterfiet..yet last year I had a REAL silver round i found and still did not win against a silver quarter.....So I think next month I am goung to bring the display box and put just 1 coin on it..And get my dime doing nada....

Amazing number of quarters! There is bound to he more gold and silver where there are that many quarters.. most of the sites I'm hunting have been cherry picked. I'll find pennies and tabs all day but little in the way of quarters.

You must have the legs of an ox after all that digging.. I was hoping to upload my finds for the month here soon.. no where as good as yours though.

Awesome job!