Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Totlot Finds

Drkstr62

Took the Time Ranger out to a totlot at a nearby school on Sunday. Found $0.47 in clad, a little girls butterfly ring (made of copper) and a chunk of copper (0.41oz). So far this was my best hunt (still learning the TR). Most everything was between 4" and 6"...the ring was in the wood chips at about 2" deep. I will be going back next weekend.

[attachment 226853 0318121959.jpg]

:clapping: Great Finds Keep it up !! :twodetecting:

Congrats! I'm also still learning my new Time Ranger. Just got back from a nearby elementary school mulch playground with my 12 year old son and his Tracker IV; found 1 quarter, 2 dimes, 1 nickel, 5 pennies, 1 aluminum can that fooled us! I seem to get a lot of spurious beeps from the TR but I'm learning to only dig the really consistent readings. The ID on the coins was accurate. Nothing too deep or old, this school has been there less than 10 years and there is landscape fabric at the bottom of the mulch stack. We have yet to search a location where you would expect to find anything old (no wheats or silver so far), but we find coins just about everytime we go out.

gravityrulz said:
Congrats! I'm also still learning my new Time Ranger. Just got back from a nearby elementary school mulch playground with my 12 year old son and his Tracker IV; found 1 quarter, 2 dimes, 1 nickel, 5 pennies, 1 aluminum can that fooled us! I seem to get a lot of spurious beeps from the TR but I'm learning to only dig the really consistent readings. The ID on the coins was accurate. Nothing too deep or old, this school has been there less than 10 years and there is landscape fabric at the bottom of the mulch stack. We have yet to search a location where you would expect to find anything old (no wheats or silver so far), but we find coins just about everytime we go out.

Thanks...Congrats on your hunts, Gravityrulz. I've been hunting an elementry school with wood chips on the play grounds. Most of the schools here seem to be fairly new.
I'd like to be able to go to the beach before the crowds hit, but at this time can't afford it. For now I'll stick with the near by schools (parks off limits here).

Keep working with the TR, I think it is a good MD. I think that I am starting to get a good feel for the TR....Happy Hunting!!!