Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tough cheap DIY shaft covers

Mark kus

This works great for any detector My Deus has the metal upper that I don’t close down so this works great for me.
I used 1”3M heat shrink tubing it fits perfectly just when you heat it start underneath so it will pull the top down making a very smooth look stuff takes a good beating. And I drilled a small hole in handle to attach the lanyard works great!
HH
Mark

Attachments

• 29548DC3-316C-4A87-B128-67180489E627.jpeg
    29548DC3-316C-4A87-B128-67180489E627.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
  • F4E12B0D-E9A3-4875-8BA2-2EC7B71C87DA.jpeg
    F4E12B0D-E9A3-4875-8BA2-2EC7B71C87DA.jpeg
    987.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 159AE387-5BC0-497C-B5D4-1B33EE7AFBF5.jpeg
    159AE387-5BC0-497C-B5D4-1B33EE7AFBF5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
  • 1D424299-DA5E-45D6-9E60-C0F26CE6CA02.jpeg
    1D424299-DA5E-45D6-9E60-C0F26CE6CA02.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
This works great for any detector My Deus has the metal upper that I don’t close down so this works great for me.
I used 1”3M heat shrink tubing it fits perfectly just when you heat it start underneath so it will pull the top down making a very smooth look stuff takes a good beating. And I drilled a small hole in handle to attach the lanyard works great!
HH
Mark
So you did this to keep it clean Or added strength?
Will dirt build up on this cover?
Tony

So you did this to keep it clean Or added strength?
Will dirt build up on this cover?
Tony
I just did it to keep it looking new no dirt will not get underneath it the carbon lower was done for strength the stock one is garbage!
Mark

I just did it to keep it looking new no dirt will not get underneath it the carbon lower was done for strength the stock one is garbage!
Mark
What was beating up the shaft that required the extra protection? My "garbage" one is doing fine. I view it as a tool and I keep the screens protected so I can see them clearly; but don't worry about a little wear on the rest. The difference in selling price later should I sell is not worth the time or expensive in obsessing about a little wear IMO.

What was beating up the shaft that required the extra protection? My "garbage" one is doing fine. I view it as a tool and I keep the screens protected so I can see them clearly; but don't worry about a little wear on the rest. The difference in selling price later should I sell is not worth the time or expensive in obsessing about a little wear IMO.
You use yours as you wish I like keeping a $1500.00 detector in good shape why bother with a screen guard then?
Some guys spend hundreds on a carbon shaft that’s their opinion I’m not going to knock them for their decision Steve makes nice shafts that’s for sure but not necessarily for everyone.
And just buy one cover for your controller once and not worry about scratching the screen or replacing it over and over again.
And the shrink tubing was $15.00
Mark

Last edited:
The differnce is a screen protector protects something that one needs to see clearly, it is not there to for cosmetic reasons. In 8 years how much is your $1600 detector going to worth with out without some minor scuffs. My 7 year old D1 looks fine but I don't beat it into things either. I won't beat my D2 into things in the next 7 years.

That’s fine this was for anyone who is interested your not and why bother to give an opinion if your not interested unless it is pertaining to the subject?
Mark

Last edited:
The differnce is a screen protector protects something that one needs to see clearly, it is not there to for cosmetic reasons. In 8 years how much is your $1600 detector going to worth with out without some minor scuffs. My 7 year old D1 looks fine but I don't beat it into things either. I won't beat my D2 into things in the next 7 years.
That’s good what have you found in those 7 years never seen any finds posted by you you’ve been a member since 2013 maybe help contribute to the forums???
Mark