Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tough to teach an old dog new tricks,,,,,,

Beachcomber

As BobNH has posted about it being tough for a lot of us diehard Explorer and especially Ferrous Mode users to deal with the new E-Trac I think I may have come up with a method that will help. When i went out hunting this weekend for the first time on my own with the E-Trac I was expecting to have a hard time with it and prepared to hate it based on what I have read and even more so because my primary hunt mode was gone and all the targets now crammed together in a straight line. And at first I was a bit annoyed as it took awhile to start to understand what this was doing. So I came up with a different approach and I am nto having nearly as much trouble learning the E-Trac as some of you are. Possibly part of that is because I purposely have avoided my rally bad iron laden beaches until I get a good handle on the way the E-Trac responds under ideal or semi-ideal conditions. But the approach I decided to take was to take much of what i have learned about over the years with the Explorer like what controls do what and so forth and carrying that over to the E-Trac which meant a lot shorter learning curve than when I turned on my first Explorer back in Jan, 2000. And from that point on considering the rest of the detector as NEW Machine that I had to learn from scratch like any other new detector that I might buy. By NOT trying to make it into my Explorer and letting it show me what it can and can't do I am finding it a pretty easy machine to learn (not Master..that will come later on down the road). I have never hunted, modified or even used patterns in the Explorer as they were not necessary for my detecting so I will need to learn these things. From what I have been reading in the Posts many of you used patterns with the Explorer and are already comfortably working with them in the E-Trac. It really is a nice machine if you give it a chance......now when I get into the really trashy sites we'll see if my opinion changes ;) But for now this is JMHO :)) :) :)

HH

Beachcomber