Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tracker 1V pinpointing

below2doe

Hi Guys,
Any tricks in using the tracker 1V to pinpoint. I am looking at a secondhand unit for $75 Aussie dollars. Just as a loaner. Whats your thoughts.

Regards Below2doe.

when you have a target...slow down...way down...see where the target beeps as center of coil goes over it....turn 90 degrees...repeat...this is called Xing the target as you may already know.....i sometimes also just put the coil down over the target and just give it a wiggle...if it beeps, target is usually in the little coil zone.....and finally one other thing i do is if i am hunting in tone or discrim...i do the xing and if not too trashy...flip the switch to all metal and that seems to help some....no worries :)

happy hunting to you

Good advice from tbird. You might also want to try to pinpoint a coin on top of a clean patch of ground.
Could give you a better idea of what's going on if you can see it.
Raising the coil sometimes helps too. I had my best luck practicing with a coin I could see on top until I
got the hang of it myself. The Tracker IV is a good detector. Good hunting to you ! Gene

I made it even simpler-using the small inner coil as the guide it,s a fast reset machine-so whenever it beeps I freeze my eyes on the spot on the ground where it beeped when the center of the small inner coil passed over the target . Won a speed hunt doing this!