Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tracker 4 got its second silver necklace, and 3rd for the year

kaolinwasher

Went out for a short hunt with the cheep bounty Hunter Tracker 4 and found a nice 925 chain& 925 pendant I was going along in all metal and checking in tone and I said this has got to be some junk foil but up comes that glimmering chain, which i cut thru with my digger , it was silver and about 2" deep . I was also impressed with the depth i was getting on the dimes and quarters 4 to 6" inches they have sat in the ground a wile

Attachments

• 20210127_095756.jpg
    20210127_095756.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 64
  • 20210127_100017.jpg
    20210127_100017.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 63
  • 20210127_100026.jpg
    20210127_100026.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 59
Yeah!! Look at Gunnar roasting up the landscape with the Tracker 4! Another fine silver necklace :drinking: Whatever you are doing, it’s working wonders for you.

the Tracker 4 uses 6.6khz a very good frequency for silver , but ya three silver necklaces this year , and ya I dont think it would have found that hair of a chain by itself

the Tracker 4 uses 6.6khz a very good frequency for silver , but ya three silver necklaces this year , and ya I dont think it would have found that hair of a chain by itself
Did you scan that chain with your ORX ? I’m curious how the ORX will respond / not respond with the different frequencies.

Thin chains are fairly hard to find and sometimes comes up in the junk ranges. What made you go after it? What did you think it might be??

Im finding on the Legend that small to medium earrings show up in the aluminum/tin ranges and if it hits clear to dig. But then again so do folded over pull tabs…….

VDI numbers with the ORX at 85 gain gets it to 3" deep -pendant only gets VDI 55, at 26.6khz and at 14,4khz it gets59,60 now the chain and clasp alonegets 67,68 and the pendant & chain with clasp VDI at 14.4 khz gets 51,52 I did not try the chain alonebut I do not think it can get it , Paystreek puper freek has good response on these kinds of things with the HF eliptical coil, I dont have that one but He has shown it hitting some really small hard to hit jewelry

VDI numbers with the ORX at 85 gain gets it to 3" deep -pendant only gets VDI 55, at 26.6khz and at 14,4khz it gets59,60 now the chain and clasp alonegets 67,68 and the pendant & chain with clasp VDI at 14.4 khz gets 51,52 I did not try the chain alonebut I do not think it can get it , Paystreek puper freek has good response on these kinds of things with the HF eliptical coil, I dont have that one but He has shown it hitting some really small hard to hit jewelry
He surprised me with tiny chains he finds with the Legend.

ya that legend is a good machine

I've found that the Tracker IV is a capable detector. My Father bought his in 2001 and was satisfied with it. It was passed to me and I felt the same way. I gave it to my son several years later and he also liked it.