Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Traditional wetshaving anyone?

Stoof-tabsallday

These are my user modern models:
IMG_20180123_015248-1160x870.jpg

These are my user vintage models:
IMG_20180123_015238-1160x870.jpg

These are my replated favorite vintage models. They are literally in the same condition now as you would have bought new in their respective years:
IMG_20180123_015304-1160x870.jpg

Last edited:
These are my brushes currently in use:
PhotoPictureResizer_180123_015548230-1160x870.jpg

These are odds and ends tubes shaving creams:
PhotoPictureResizer_180123_015920593-870x1160.jpg

This is my stockpile of harder to find/discontinued creams and shave sticks:
PhotoPictureResizer_180123_015857036-870x1160.jpg

These are my collection of tubs of shaving creams from around the world:
PhotoPictureResizer_180123_015653316-870x1160.jpg

These are my hard shave soaps:
PhotoPictureResizer_180123_015632299-870x1160.jpg

These are my soft and Italian style shave soaps:
IMG_20180123_015817-870x1160.jpg

Last edited:
Other mix of the modern open comb and other specialty type like stainless steel:
PhotoPictureResizer_180123_022421720-1160x870.jpg

These are more razors including the very hard to find, my birth year razor.
PhotoPictureResizer_180123_021913723-870x1160.jpg

These are some more soaps and stuff:
PhotoPictureResizer_180123_015940087-1160x870.jpg

Last edited:
My bathrooms are not big enough to contain your collection of shaving paraphernalia. I do have one Safety razor that my wife bought me. Works much better than the modern ones when i put off shaving for a few days. Being old and retired i do sometimes (frequently) put off shaving for a few days.

I made 7 deterrent patrols on Uncle Sam's Missile Firing Submarines and we could not have any aerosol type shaving cream so it was Brush and Shaving Soap. The aerosol propellant screwed up the atmosphere in boat.

Lol yeah my bathroom isn't big enough either. But I do have a hobby room where all if it sits, along with all my detectors, fountain pens, inks, sewing machines and thread and all the stuff needed for all of them.

And yes I'm surprised more people don't know about how much better safety razors are. Once you learn how to use them, the yield much better shaves. Blades are dirt cheap, and I just enjoy the whole process.
Who knew something that we n Ed to do can be so enjoyable!!
Thanks for the post!!
P.s. I haven't found even one cream in a can that can compare to making ng your own later.

Wow, what a collection. I have a couple gillette adjustables that I shave with and a few other DE razors hanging around. I used to try a lot of different blades but derbys work good for me and are easy to find.
I was never able to get a good shave until I learned to wet shave with a DE razor.

My personal favorite blades are Gillette silver blues.
But I have probably 12,000 blades from almost every manufacturer from when I was testing blades.
Derby's are cheap but don't work for me. Lol. I do have like 200 of them though. Got them for a great price but they didn't agree with me.
Every person's face has different likes. That's great that yours gets along with such a cheap adn widely available blade!!

Ha, I have about 500 blades hanging around here and I thought that was a lot.
I thought I would try something different this morning so I used a 7am durablade I got in a sample pack. Ouch!

Haha well if you're ever wanting to test some more I found a cool way of sending them taped to a piece of paper in an envelope. I can send a couple from each kind I have.
Oh and yeah sharps didn't agree with me either lol.
But if you're interested, let me know and message me with your address and I can send you a bunch lol.

Nice collection.

Thanks elton!!!
Sorry for the delay. I haven't checked other threads besides the detecting threads I lurk in :)

After experimenting with almost everything under the sun, I've settled on the Gillette Trac II and Creamo shaving cream. I know, not very exciting but very effective.

John said:
After experimenting with almost everything under the sun, I've settled on the Gillette Trac II and Creamo shaving cream. I know, not very exciting but very effective.
Hey, whatever gets you through shaving.
I always looked at it like a chore, but with it as a hobby, it makes it at the very least interesting if not enjoyable.
Whatever you can do to make daily mundane "chores" better works.

Very nice collection. After my stint in the military, I quit shaving. Use a razor now & then to trim my neckline up. But shaving does fit in my hobbies. I like to make things with my lathe. This is my last razors that I have turned. I want to try my hand making the shaving brushes next.