Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Transmission question

LTimedigger

I am interested in knowing what sort of transmission type (coil to transmitter to speaker yall use) e.g. Do you use plug in, semi-remote(WM 10) or full remote. Would especially like to hear from Sube and IDX but would like to hear from all CTX users. If you could tell me then I will tell you why I would like to know. Thanks

I like the wi-fi no cord to the machine easier on the headphone jack .But i prefer to be tied to the machine i just put my 4th headphone jack on my killer bees really it's them up .I cured it by putting a bungie around the battery in the 3rd curl of the headphone cord now it flexes where the curl is and don't break at the jack DA took a while but works fine.
As to being tied to the machine i never loose it lol anyways i have been in areas that had some kind of electrical transmission signals just sound better being tied compared to the wi-fi in these areas wi-fi would give a fuzzy signal still could hear it but not as crisp as being tied to the ctx so if you get a lot of emi or whatever is floating in the airways try plugging straight to the ctx that's how i run . sube

I've noticed the same thing in bad emi that sube mentioned .... so in those areas I just plug in my Sunray PGs directly. It helps.
Otherwise, the WM10 'semi-remote', (as you call it) works great the rest of the time/locations.

As far as 'full remote', you're going to have a problem there...
Unlike the Equinox, the CTX only supports the proprietary WM10 for wireless connection....there is no 'full remote' on the CTX.

(Although I have seen guys take apart their WM10 and re-assemble/re-wire it inside a pair of phones. Seems like a lot of work to me, but they look/work pretty well.)

Hey hey hey! Are you saying we talk a lot?😆Well....you’re not wrong....
I have noticed!!!....IF you are getting that “fuzzy and not so crisp signal” through the phones , you can change the channel on the CTX to choose a different and perhaps ”cleaner” channel to pair the WM10 with. I forgot how many it has...10 maybe? I dunno. But I have experienced the fuzzy.

I use the Quest wireless pro headphones & Transmitter for my CZ & FBS detectors
no lag time & loud as you can stand it.
The Garrett wireless headphones had no volume with these two detectors
I had to turn the Garrett headphones volume all the way up.
Sent them back and got the Quest Headphones and never looked back.

IF you are getting that “fuzzy and not so crisp signal” through the phones , you can change the channel on the CTX to choose a different and perhaps ”cleaner” channel to pair the WM10 with. I forgot how many it has...10 maybe? I dunno. But I have experienced the fuzzy.

IDX, I've got places I hunt where the EMI must be in the WM10's Bluetooth frequency range, and no amount of NC will help it. (I've tried many times, lol.)
It's kind of hard to describe, but it's not the same kind of noise that noise cancelling DOES help with .... it's more of a buzzing? :shrug:
It only happens in areas that are just about surrounded/flooded with Bluetooth signals. (Like cell phones, neon lights, running cars, and musicians with wireless mics/instruments.)

Last edited:
IDX, I've got places I hunt where the EMI must be in the WM10's Bluetooth frequency range, and no amount of NC will help it. (I've tried many times, lol.)
It's kind of hard to describe, but it's not the same kind of noise that noise cancelling DOES help with .... it's more of a buzzing? :shrug:
It only happens in areas that are just about surrounded/flooded with Bluetooth signals. (Like cell phones, neon lights, running cars, and musicians with wireless mics/instruments.)
Interesting Mike, there is just more and more interference every day it seems. I DO know without a doubt...automobile ignition systems can DESTROY your signals. The reason I know for SURE...I was in a park last year and all was perfect. Along comes a late model Honda Accord on the access road, going slow by me. The whole time it was within 100 feet of me, the machine was going absolutely NUTS. As it got out of that 100-ish foot range it settled down again. Hunting urban areas in particular has unique challenges, various amounts of different types of EMI just being one! You know this better than me!😃

Wow yall really do like to talk. Since we got off on EMI, I also have single kfz machines and they do better with bad EMI but I've even had the Deus where it was so bad I've had to turn my sensitivity way down and raise the Kfz way up, fine for relics and gold, not so good for coins. U2 where did you buy your Quest? One of my Detectnix/quest phones on my Deus was stolen awhile back and trust me I've been through a lot of phones and have never found one I like better. Now back to my question. I know some of you remember a problem I developed 2 years ago where the transmission signal would fail to come through the phone. I sent it back at least 4 time with 2 different repair dealers. The last time we finally knew what was wrong except when I took it out yep same problem. After 3 or 4 hundred dollars in freight and repair bills I was just about ready to put it in a closet and say hey life is too short. But you can't do that with a $2500 dream machine(when its working). I finally called C. Sabisch and then Andy told me to send it to him and he would take it out and see what he could do. He called back and said he was pretty sure the WM10 was dropping the signal even though it seemed to be working fine. He graciously called a friend who he knew used the WM10 and he said oh yeah i've had to replace 2 of them. We immediately switched to a wireless Detectnix phone with another outside transmitter. I know the CTX is not fully wireless(my booboo)w/o a secondary transmitter but was trying to see like u2 what other options others were using other than the wm10. I would sincerely urge those who need accessories, another model ML or o/w or just sound advice to contact C&A Sabisch at Treasure Hunting Outfitters. Oh and by the way I'm back up fine now.

Wow yall really do like to talk. Since we got off on EMI, I also have single kfz machines and they do better with bad EMI but I've even had the Deus where it was so bad I've had to turn my sensitivity way down and raise the Kfz way up, fine for relics and gold, not so good for coins. U2 where did you buy your Quest? One of my Detectnix/quest phones on my Deus was stolen awhile back and trust me I've been through a lot of phones and have never found one I like better. Now back to my question. I know some of you remember a problem I developed 2 years ago where the transmission signal would fail to come through the phone. I sent it back at least 4 time with 2 different repair dealers. The last time we finally knew what was wrong except when I took it out yep same problem. After 3 or 4 hundred dollars in freight and repair bills I was just about ready to put it in a closet and say hey life is too short. But you can't do that with a $2500 dream machine(when its working). I finally called C. Sabisch and then Andy told me to send it to him and he would take it out and see what he could do. He called back and said he was pretty sure the WM10 was dropping the signal even though it seemed to be working fine. He graciously called a friend who he knew used the WM10 and he said oh yeah i've had to replace 2 of them. We immediately switched to a wireless Detectnix phone with another outside transmitter. I know the CTX is not fully wireless(my booboo)w/o a secondary transmitter but was trying to see like u2 what other options others were using other than the wm10. I would sincerely urge those who need accessories, another model ML or o/w or just sound advice to contact C&A Sabisch at Treasure Hunting Outfitters. Oh and by the way I'm back up fine now.
It’s great to have guys like that who not only know what might be wrong, but to take it further and get the situation rectified. Good to know all is well LT.