Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trash and Tree Roots

mudpuppy

Theres this one large old but still active park.. full of old Maple trees, picnic tables, grills...roots to be damned, impossible to dig with anything but a pickaxe or screwdriver...sort of a fun place to hunt in moderation since theres so many signals per swing, a guy has to concentrate, not like blasting along down an empty beach....so I like to go there on occasion and just work it a bit and give my poor feet a break...especially since the Big Lake was up and angry, and I didnt feel like putting on a lot of miles on the sand anyway ...

See this pic? At the end of that steel break water, today its over my head with huge waves, last year there was a foot of sand there...the whole place was a beach, and now theres 6' of water! .[attachment 315921 july7-15-1.jpg] So I said screw it and went to hunt pennies in the trash and roots of that old park...got into a few nice tight spills, including 2 Q's mixed in with pennies. Lots of singletons, just diddled along, taking one step at a time and swinging an arc trying to pull good signals out of the foil, tabs, trash..just hunting pennies for the most part, but listening for a tight nickel ping as well, tough to do with all the tabs, so I only got one.....it was relaxing and fun though..spent 1hr in there just enjoying myself and the 70..:thumbup:.[attachment 315922 july7-15.jpg]
Mud.

that sounds like heavy erosion, going on . nice to see you pulled some coin out